Chewy07

Wookie on the Beat
Apr 9, 2013
Stillwater, OK
With the lmm for sale and hopefully will sell before end of the month comes my next issue. What to buy next. I wouldn't mind getting into a denali like daniels since I've always loved that color and its a 6.2 or some 6.2 nnbs , a nbs vmax or a n3bs 5.3. Or to still stay in the diesel game. I have no need for a diesel, but I feel i would miss the power of one if i switch back to gas. I've seen on forums and heard that a tuned 6.2 can keep up with a light modded diesel. Which I kinda find it hard to believe. Diesel would be a lbz to a lmm or maybe a lml, but the market is so bad on all 3 motors are hard to find one that's not ragged out. Can anyone who has switched back from diesel to gas give some insight to me. Any input would be appreciated as well.

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
i will probably get another gas next year, just a 2015 or 2016 5.3l with a warranty when that is done throw a pro-charger on it to get the desired power back.

Emery19

That Ford Guy
Apr 8, 2012
Mount Laurel, NJ
I would stick with a diesel. I think about once a week either trading my truck and car in on a 6.2 raptor or a new 5.0 f-150 or a new Sierra and other then not wanting a payment I just can't do it. Will a gasser do everything I need it to do on a daily basis? Yeah I suppose but there are days that if I didn't have the diesel I'd be hurting.

Now I'm not saying get a diesel for one or two days out of the year, but I would regularly swap between my truck, a Yukon with a 5.3 and 4.10s and then a nnbs Silverado with a 5.3. I liked all three of them, but I'd choose the diesel over both to freight with my friends and gear and go wherever. Drives so smooth with the power band and no one has any idea in the truck how fast I'm going. Plus it'll put the hurt on anyone else oout on the road being tuned and people get the fuck out of my way.

Love my diesel, could probably see myself with a Gasser as a daily in the future, but I'll still have diesel.

And this is all coming from someone who owns a powerstroke... Soo that's saying something.

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
with just a hot tune and delete, you are miles over what the 6.2 does. stock vs stock, my lml was significantly faster than our denali. i could imagine if you dumped a good bit of money into the 6.2, say full bolt-ons and a s/c or turbo, you'd surpass that of the diesel, but that's a lot of money to get there

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
Get you a new laramie ram and delete that bish. You'll be happier than demon drinking ensure