Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Finally getting around to cleaning up the rear end. It's gonna be a bunch of work but make a hugee difference, so figured I'd make a progression thread of it.

Plans;
- Two toning tailgate
- color matching bumper
- fixing dent and re painting over it
- re painting the end of the bed just above the bumper
- sanding and shooting some paint on the rust on the top of the fender wells which is hidden by flares right now (I know it's not a fix. But it will at least slow the process and look better till I sell it)
- reinforce the fender behind the pass rear tire

Originally started at:
2a8yqanu.jpg

ma3ytyne.jpg

etyguje8.jpg

Bumper was extreme rusted to hell. Would bend if I stepped on the right pad. Bought a hitch and work truck bumper both in good shape for $50. Trashed this one.
baba5abu.jpg

u3yqavy5.jpg

Today's work. Just took tailgate apart, sanded down and filled a dent & couple tiny knicks with bondo
hynu8uvy.jpg

9ytematu.jpg

Me and my dad started today, and plan to get it all done by Sunday for the NJ meet :happehdog: but really I only have till Thursday. Cause working morning day and night Friday, then going to AC for all day and night Saturday. So all this work + school + job in this little time should be fun..

sent from your HTC Rezound

Last edited:

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Figured it would be more of a pain in the ass with all the adhesive shit. So we just taped around it :crazy:

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Figured it would be more of a pain in the ass with all the adhesive shit. So we just taped around it :crazy:

:rofl:

dnw that shitty weather

Wow that's a lot of rust on a not so old truck!

The hitch I took off my '04 wasn't just rusty, it was rotted with holes. I couldn't see them til I got it off. That's one of the things I hate about the north east.

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Its not just the weather. Truck was used as a landscaping truck that plowed & salted in the winter before me as it's only owner for 10 years. So yeah driving in the snow and salt hurts it, but being directly exposed to it all that time with no fucks given.. Takes a lot bigger toll on it

edit. Was not a smart buy, I know. But I was 17, desperately wanting a full size gm, get out of my Saturn, only had 64k miles which played with my head, and was in my little wallets price range for once loll also was before I was on any forum and learned a fuck load about the trucks

Last edited:

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Only thing that's solid is an nbs. I know what I WANT, but will be super hard to find. Which is 05-07 crew, 5.3, 4x4, charcoal interior, center console, bose, wheel controls, under 85k miles, in good condition of course and under about 14k as of right now. Sierra Colors would be white, arrival blue, spiral gray or green. Silvy colors are white, arrival blue, spiral gray, pewter/silver birch

But or course it all depends on the deal. If it is really good I would consider a 03-04s and extended cabs. Would take an incredible deal to make me budge on the interior wants

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Only thing that's solid is an nbs. I know what I WANT, but will be super hard to find. Which is 05-07 crew, 5.3, 4x4, charcoal interior, center console, bose, wheel controls, under 85k miles, in good condition of course and under about 14k as of right now. Sierra Colors would be white, arrival blue, spiral gray or green. Silvy colors are white, arrival blue, spiral gray, pewter/silver birch

But or course it all depends on the deal. If it is really good I would consider a 03-04s and extended cabs. Would take an incredible deal to make me budge on the interior wants

You should be able to find that deal Im sure, I paid 18 for my 04 2 years ago with 74,000 miles, with heated leather, bose, 4x4, and my exterior color i wanted(black). Only thing i would have wanted is charcoal interior.

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Yeah its not unrealistic, I've scoped out craigslist heavily the past 2 months and I've seen em come by here and there, but I wasn't ready to buy yet :okay:

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
These are all my searches that notify my whenever there is a new one. Each one is searching in about 8 regions that are near me
ady3avy9.jpg

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
It IS super handy. But a little buggy sometime, like telling me there is 30 new results for SLTs, and there be nothing.. Lol but its called Craigslist Pro. It's the "official" app for it. I have the paid version, cause for $2 you get unlimited saved searches like what I posted and unlimited favorites compared to only 2 or 3 in free. By far the best feature of it is the multi region searches. Can look through south Jersey, central Jersey, North Jersey, ect.. All at one time under a search, just hitting up or down to change region. 1000x easier than using a real computer

I thought about making a thread on it one day for everyone , but haven't yet :lol:

Last edited: