Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Look, When Jared and I created this site we basically agreed to not have rules. But it seems every post some people like to make it into a fuck fest which ends up getting new members to bounce out. This shit has got to stop. I'm not going into huge details about what exactly but its common sense. If you don't like something or disagree with something simply just post your opinion is in a simple matter (IE, I don't like that, how about this or this) not (that shit is fucking faggot suck my balls). If we have to start enforcing shit we will. But don't let us turn into those other shit sites that make us ban you and censor shit.

Great Example

http://customgm.com/exterior/5513-what-can-i-do-my-ass-2.html

Great example would be Zach, now we had our differences, he was a dick we banned him. After awhile he noticed that he was a bit of a dick and asked to come back. Since hes been back hes been a valuable asset to the site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Indeed, and agreed. Why would anyone want a forum to be full of a small clique of guys. It gets old reading the same ass threads. Snapchat, live thread, blow money thread etc...I personally enjoy new threads and members, but many of you run them off with your nonsense.

notorious

Automotive Art
Apr 22, 2012
At the risk of a month long vacation from CGM, who exactly is hating asses?

Or did you intend to end the asshattery?

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Agreed. Being a dick to be funny, to guys who know you're kidding, is one thing but we don't want this site to get strict like that other place IMO. I like how chill it is here, I always make sure to type in a way that either will not offend, or that it's obvious I'm being sarcastic/funny dick. Just be chill and contribute, why else be here?

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
^Every time I see somebody type banhammer, I think of the hammer in Super Smash Bros. :rofl:

But for srs. Good thread. Hope everybody takes note

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
just use a little more common sense then. instead of making 13 threads, ask for opinions about multiple topics in one thread, a build thread for example. and don't set yourself up titling your threads like that.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Quite the accurate observation too I might add.

As Brett said if you don't like something someone did, don't blast them for it. This ain't the other site, and if you want it to be, kindly go run back over there and join in the fgt tree.

We don't want to censor shit, we don't want to have to start deleting posts or infracting people for being dickheads. But if you choose to consistently be a fuck-stick then be warned.

Some of you may not want to hear it, but what's going to make or break a forum is whether we have a constant flow of new members or not. This site is not Brett's private Craigslist, we're not in this for money like other forums, it's a labour of love to see a community like this come together and we are NOT cool with watching a few asshats with sand in their vaginas come in a ruin it.

Shit will get dealt with if necessary and ONLY if necessary.

EDIT: And NO... I'm NOT sorry eh :canuck:

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
If you're joking with someone who knows you're joking that's fine.

Just don't go fucking around with someone new who doesn't know you're kidding around and WILL take offense from what you've posted.

What we're saying is. It's one thing to voice your opinion, but to turn it into what could be considered as a direct insult is not cool.

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
To be completely honest, I have yet to see any thread stay on track. Shit needs to stop :imo:

Some of it doesn't bother me because it relates to something posted earlier in the thread, like me asking scotty about the family in lifted thread(I do normally try to keep small talk in fapbox or lounge tho) but it gets old when it goes way off track for no reason. I'm here at least once a day and it gets old but the atmosphere here is so better than GMFS I stay. Good thread :imo: Jared

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
The getting off track for no reason is what I'm talking about.

Your example is something deemed acceptable since it's still keeping a serious demeanor to the thread. It's the childish games that occur and derail threads that gets old.

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Some people are wondering if this is meant for the entire site. Not at all, all we are asking is for everyone to follow the time and a place rule. If someone is asking for help or advice, keep the bullshit out of it. But if its in a jesty pic thread etc etc then game on.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Some people are wondering if this is meant for the entire site. Not at all, all we are asking is for everyone to follow the time and a place rule. If someone is asking for help or advice, keep the bullshit out of it. But if its in a jesty pic thread etc etc then game on.

:shake:

Status
Not open for further replies.