Are these 6.5s any good

I have no experience with these. But they are just a mid range they are not designed to play high frequencies like a coaxial speaker. They are designed to play mid frequencies like vocals and mid guitar notes. If you plan on using your factory tweeter they will work but you will get better results with a component set that replaces the mid and tweeter.
Alpine SPS-610C Type-S 6-3/4" component speaker system — fits in 6-1/2" or 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com these are what I recommend. Good build quality and work good with stock deck, after market deck, or a small amp.

If you plan on using those crescendos you will want the 4 ohm models and they wont respond that well unless you put an amp on them and they are sold individually so keep that in mind.

i was looking at getting them along with a set of infinity kappa 6.5 and changing my stock tweeters out along with the 4x6s in the back and also hopefully getting an amp

You will have to get an amp with all those speakers in there. I would simplify things and just do 2 pairs of the components up front on a good 4 channel and not worry about the rears. or two of those crescendo 6.5s and a compression tweeter in each door on a 4 channel and you will have plenty of power. Rear fill to me is over rated. when you go to the concert the band is playing in front of you so if you are wanting to re create music whats the point in rear speakers. with that set up you will have more than enough power for the passengers in the rear to hear it really well to.

Depending on your sub setup one of the crescendo 6.5's and a good tweeter in each front door on a good 4 channel will be enough power as well. I have 4 comp vr 8s on 800 watts and a set of kicker components on a 2 channel roughly 50 watts each in my front doors in a regular cab and my fronts keep up with my sub stage just fine. Most people get in and say that they are surprised on how level the sound is. the highs arent bleeding through the bass and the bass isn't over powering the highs.

I'm gonna have four sa-8v2s at about 2000 rms with the subs under my rear seats hopefully in a 3 cubic foot box that is ported I just don't wanna have any problems hearing the highs

They won't be able to handle the power I promise. I used to have a set and they didn't like over 750

I think you missed that he is going to have 4 of them. So as long as his electrical keeps up that amount of power should work fine.

yeah the two 6.5s and a super tweeter in each door on say like the new 125.4 from sundown would work good for your mids and highs.

Oh shit I did. Dfw. Here's some inspiration for you
86b47112.jpg
b3516e1e.jpg

That looks really really good. Both pics look like they are from the same install. Do you have any more pics or info on it?

ima let you finish, but glassman has the best ext cab install of all time.

2035836946_7c75525dee_bMedium.jpg

2035832684_73a933176a_bMedium.jpg

2035830496_0fabb86162_bMedium.jpg

2035830216_ff9a523342_bMedium.jpg

2035825382_e23425db51_bMedium.jpg

2035048035_44feb172c0_bMedium.jpg

This is my next system setup, I'm going to split the seat and put the subs in the middle, the only thing that puzzles me us the rear seat splitting. How to do it and if I can keep the lifting function on the seats .

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I believe you can. they can operate simultaneously or independent of each other depending on how its done but can still fold. he has build thread on fgtfullsize. its in my head, but translating that into something that functions is a whole different story. i want to buy a second back seat to do it to that way if i mess up, i can put original back in. his seats he made were wider than i was planning to do, 23 inches i think, where as mine were going to be closer to 20 which would give room for console to be approximately 20 inches wide, granted there would be breathing room between seats and console. want to run larger subs than he is and i dont want amps in the roof, possibly under seats with plexi/leather wrapped box and blue leds

id just like to put some seats from the hand made seat co back there, that'd be tits

Last edited:
I have my two 12's type r's I would like to use or buy a different setup depending on the amount of air space I will have to play with, and I agree with the amp placement, I would most likely put them on the wall like I have them currently

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk