Anyone Ever Installed A Dynomax Bullet In Front Of Another Muffler?

Slow05CC

Avery@texas-speed.com
Apr 25, 2014
Round Rock, Tx.
Right now I have longtubes with offroad Y and 3" into a 18" Magnaflow with a 3" tail pipe and its ridiculously loud and raspy. Maybe because of the Cam/stall/gears I have but I just cant deal with it and the kiddo is complaining. So I guess its time to try and quiet it down a little.

I have an "emissions" set up ( 2.75" pipe, big ole cat and Mofaster mufler ) but its completely welded up and sounds like crap. It is quieter tho!

So I got to thinking. What if I installed a 18" dynomax bullet in front of my 18" magnaflow? Would that make any difference in sound level, or any difference in removing the rasp? I could install a mini cat on my daily set up but I hate the way they make the exhaust sound, and it kills the cam sound. Stupid reasons I know, but I like my cammed up lumpy exhaust sound.

Any ideas? Ive read about the rasp removing mod but I don't have any room for that, and I don't want to cut into my tail pipe and weld crap too it.

thanks

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
it does act like a mini silencer...i ran a vibrant performance resonator and it helped A LOT. That dynomax will get louder with time as the packing gets burned up unless its some sort of metal mesh inside.

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
I do. Took 80% of my rasp out. My LQ9 is heads cam, LT, 3" ORY into a corsa race muffler. Was so snappy and raspy prior, made it alot better. Still not perfect, but an improvement

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I put an 18" bullet in front of my 22" MagnaFlow and it cut out all rasp and most of the drone. That was with a cammed LQ4, longtubes and no cats.

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I have an 18" Dynomax bullet in front of my Magnaflow 14" muffler. It has been this way since I bought it, but I would imagine it made a big difference in rasp, because I don't have any. And I would easily imagine my setup (LT's, CAM, no cats) with only a single 14" Magnaflow would be stupid loud.

Last edited:

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
Been thinking of the same thing for my truck. Cam, headers, and no cats has been with a 3.5" tailpipe and aero turbine muffler for 3 years now and its getting too loud for my 2.5 hour drive to school. So you guys are saying basically a medium sized glass pack should cut down some of the noise and rasp?, because I love the way mine sounds now, just not how loud it is in the cab.

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Been thinking of the same thing for my truck. Cam, headers, and no cats has been with a 3.5" tailpipe and aero turbine muffler for 3 years now and its getting too loud for my 2.5 hour drive to school. So you guys are saying basically a medium sized glass pack should cut down some of the noise and rasp?, because I love the way mine sounds now, just not how loud it is in the cab.[/QUOTE

I never lost as sound, just rasp

Wadsworth77

Oct 31, 2013
I got long tubes and a y pipe on the way with cats and a borla xr1 waiting to go on should I leave the resonator on its a 6.2 3 1/2 in pipe

Alecks

Jul 9, 2012
Leave the resonator for sure. Gonna be loud and raspy as fok without it. I have just xr1 with LTs and ORY on my 5.3 and it's pretty loud and raspy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk