Anyone do their own Tuning?

SMiGGs

El Super Mod
Feb 3, 2011
Whats up cgm family.

Looking to pick up a new hobby aside from my career. I would like to do my own tuning, and eventually stem out, and help others.

Had my 6.2 Liter tuned by 3 different tuners, and honestly i just do not feel like ive gained anything. Is it just me, i literally run full bolt on set up. :(

Would like to know if anyone on here does their own tuning, planning to buy all the software, and mess with some numbers, I dont mind my truck being the test dummie.

SMiGGs

El Super Mod
Feb 3, 2011
Yes i am lol!

Shoot i just seen jareds thread below mine. Reading through it right now!

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
Tuning is more of an art than a science there's multiple tables used to calculate fuel and spark at any given point it's not just a 2d or 3d map

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
hows it going brotha? Yes im still in fresno.

Nice, I'm down here now as well, 1 more year left at State.

Tuning is more of an art than a science there's multiple tables used to calculate fuel and spark at any given point it's not just a 2d or 3d map

Ya It is almost overwhelming looking at the maps for a gas vehicle. I've heard the diesels are easier to tune, but also a lot more expensive if you screw up.

SMiGGs

El Super Mod
Feb 3, 2011
nice brotha were gonna have to meet up before you leave. Im going to state right now too just taking one course, just to stay fresh with my math. lol and the rec center.