ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
I have been reading a lot on some detail forums about carpet and upholstery cleaning. A lot of people swear by Folex carpet cleaner and swear about how great it is. I had some bad stains on the carpet at work from some customers who spilled BOTH a soda and a chocolate milkshake on an area of carpet. I picked up a gallon of Folex from Lowes because the housekeeping crew said that their extraction machine was being repaired and it would take a few days. So I used the Folex, just sprayed on and agitated with a brush, then blotted with a towel. I must say, I was quite impressed. I want to buy some to use on the carpet in my truck. Hell, I can just take some from work, why buy some. :lol:

THE Mook

Oct 16, 2014
Colorado
Morn!

I have used a few carpet cleaners over the years...both when I was attached to a Car Care Company and now as a Free Agent...

Folex being readily available at Home Depot, and relatively inexpensive is a great cleaner. The only thing I've used that's close is Adam's stuff.

How I used it:

1. Vacuum carpet/mat.
2. Spray affected area, let dwell for 30 sec- a minute.
3. Brush with stiff brush (there are carpet brushes out there to be had).
4. Wipe out with waffle weave towel.
5. Spritz Folex one more time, draw some fancy lines with the brush.
6. Drink more beer.

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
Interesting, I use Adams right now with a stiff bristle brush and it works great, but I'll have to give this stuff a shot.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
IMO, it works just as good as the Adams carpet cleaner, but it's only $15 a gallon, PLUS I can buy it locally at Lowes.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
I still have not used it in my truck yet though. I have only used it on the carpet at my work. I am the Facilities Maintenace Manager for a 130k square ft store, and almost half of it is carpeted. I used some this morning on a spot with gum. It surprisingly did better than I thought it would. It actually eliminated 90% of the gum from the carpet. I soaked it in Folex, picked at it with my pocketknife, scrubbed it with a stiff bristle brush, then blotted and rubbed it with a towel. Then I repeated those steps again. I have used Adams carpet cleaner on stains in my carpet at home, and this stuff works just as good if not better. I love that it doesn't foam or suds up, and it leaves NO soapy residue at all, just like the Adams carpet cleaner. I'm gonna fill up a 16oz water bottle with some and take it home and try it on my floor mats. I'll have to post some before and after pictures.

wretched73

Apr 18, 2012
I used to sell this at the Home Depot. Its a hidden gem for sure and is hands down the best carpet stain remover the Home Depot sells.

THE Mook

Oct 16, 2014
Colorado
For spot treatment, I still prefer Spot Shot before I do anything else, but for total carpet care, this is my new favorite cleaner. Now, to save up for a new LGM!

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
do you have it by like the 5 gallon bucket at work?

Not 5 gallon buckets, just gallon jugs. Thinking about getting with our cleaning/housekeeping contractor and have them use Folex exclusively to clean out carpets here. Right now I think they are using some orange citrus based type of all purpose cleaner for almost everything, and they use some cleaning supplies from Zep also.
I showed the guy who runs the housekeeping crew, and he likes it. He said that he will ask his boss if they can start using it. I will call her as well, and say I want them to start using it on our carpets.
Two benefits will come from this. The carpets in my store will look much cleaner, us I will have access to all the "free" Folex I want. :cheeky:

Not 5 gallon buckets, just gallon jugs. Thinking about getting with our cleaning/housekeeping contractor and have them use Folex exclusively to clean out carpets here. Right now I think they are using some orange citrus based type of all purpose cleaner for almost everything, and they use some cleaning supplies from Zep also.
I showed the guy who runs the housekeeping crew, and he likes it. He said that he will ask his boss if they can start using it. I will call her as well, and say I want them to start using it on our carpets.
Two benefits will come from this. The carpets in my store will look much cleaner, us I will have access to all the "free" Folex I want. :cheeky:

:nice: