Kkirwan71

the other delaware guy
Aug 2, 2015
My dad wants to delete the cold start valve (9th injector) on out 86 iroc z28. I've done tons of research and came up with. A) just taking it out and removing the necessary electrical things. B) doing the above and needing it the injector tuned out. Can I just get away with removing it?

sent from my galaxy potatoe s5

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
No clue but I'd love own one someday. First standard I learned to drive was a 92 25th anniversary

Kkirwan71

the other delaware guy
Aug 2, 2015
This has been a constant project haha its an x275 or 10.5 car in progress

wretched73

Apr 18, 2012
I dont have much experience with the TPI or TBI units because mine had the wonderful 4 barrel Quadrasuck on it, but i'll do what i can to help you out.

Is your car TPI or TBI? Why do you want to remove it? When you race it, what will it have on it for fuel delivery?

Kkirwan71

the other delaware guy
Aug 2, 2015
I dont have much experience with the TPI or TBI units because mine had the wonderful 4 barrel Quadrasuck on it, but i'll do what i can to help you out.

Is your car TPI or TBI? Why do you want to remove it? When you race it, what will it have on it for fuel delivery?
It's a tpi car and it has 8 other injectors for fuel delivery. The cold start injector aka the "9th injector" just squirts fuel to start it so it doesn't have to crank over so much. But that isn't a problem since it's not a dd. It's just a pain because it stays on too long and floods the car

wretched73

Apr 18, 2012
It's a tpi car and it has 8 other injectors for fuel delivery. The cold start injector aka the "9th injector" just squirts fuel to start it so it doesn't have to crank over so much. But that isn't a problem since it's not a dd. It's just a pain because it stays on too long and floods the car

What are your plans for the motor right now? What direction are you going in?

It may be worth your time to swap to carb'd (if that's the route you are headed in) Otherwise you should be able to tune it out completely. Not sure if you can get/fab up a block off for that injector port

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Just did some poking around on 3rdgen.org, this is what i got for you

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/682226-deleting-cold-start-injector.html

Kkirwan71

the other delaware guy
Aug 2, 2015
What are your plans for the motor right now? What direction are you going in?

It may be worth your time to swap to carb'd (if that's the route you are headed in) Otherwise you should be able to tune it out completely. Not sure if you can get/fab up a block off for that injector port

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Just did some poking around on 3rdgen.org, this is what i got for you

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/682226-deleting-cold-start-injector.html
He wants to keep it stock appearing induction system wise. It looks like I can just unplug it and let 'er eat

Kkirwan71

the other delaware guy
Aug 2, 2015
Aftermarket intakes aren't too bad for the tpi systems