Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
Well, I got to my breaking point over the weekend when I had to drive downstate to pick my mom up at the airport. Long story short, it was a $100 gas bill and I figured it doesn't make financial sense for me to have my truck anymore. So, I traded it in yesterday on a 2012 Civic Si Coupe in red. Dropped my payment close to $200/mo and I'm getting 30 mpg hwy off the lot while I was getting ~14-16 hwy in my truck. The car is surprisingly a LOT of fun to drive and has some really cool features. Plans for now are some dark ass tint and drive it, maybe spring/coilovers and vossens next summer.

I wasn't too sure about the looks of the new gen Si's, but it's growing on me.

2012-09-04_17-49-31_674.jpg

Better than 30 mpg hwy and I haven't even broken it in yet.

2012-09-04_16-47-23_592.jpg

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Awesome. Nice choice in a car. I did the same thing and even went to downgrade my payment even more. Civic's are nice, hold their value and last forever.

What do you have for when the winter gets nasty up there?

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
Smart move
I think so, thanks Jared.
Sounds like a it was a good trade but your truck was clean.
Thanks man, I'll miss it but I think this was the best decision for me. Hopefully someone from out of state buys my truck so I don't have to see it around.
Gotta do what u gotta do. I left the fs scene for a while....couldnt take driving a smaller vehicle...youll be back
Haha I hope that doesn't happen, this is intended to be my daily driver so I can save some money for a home, etc. With the money I'm saving, I'm probably going to buy an NBS reg cab for a project next summer.
Awesome. Nice choice in a car. I did the same thing and even went to downgrade my payment even more. Civic's are nice, hold their value and last forever.

What do you have for when the winter gets nasty up there?
My family has always been a Honda family so this was kind of a logical choice, can't beat the resale value. I wanted a WRX bad, but they were saying they wanted $200 over invoice on the car and wanted to give me $20k for my truck, fuck that.

This is what I'll be running in the winter. I'm probably going to mount some Blizzak's on it and run it. I've had FWD cars and they do surprisingly well in the snow.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Haha I hope that doesn't happen, this is intended to be my daily driver so I can save some money for a home, etc. With the money I'm saving, I'm DEFINITELY going to buy an NBS reg cab for a badass project next summer.

Fixed that for you, I understand where you are coming from..you gotta do what makes more sense financially sometimes and take a break from higher payments for a while lol

Kyles03

nbs
Jan 26, 2011
Minnesota
I don't blame you for doing that, I've thought about doing the same. But I don't drive that much so I can deal with the gas prices.

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
Fixed that for you, I understand where you are coming from..you gotta do what makes more sense financially sometimes and take a break from higher payments for a while lol
Definitely. My truck payment was ~$600 and I just couldn't justify paying that plus $400+ in fuel/month. I am DEFINITELY going to get an RCSB for a project, just don't know when.
I don't blame you for doing that, I've thought about doing the same. But I don't drive that much so I can deal with the gas prices.
I drive ~35 miles each way to work 5 days a week, it was costing me $100/week JUST to drive back/forth to work not including what I drive on the weekends. The motorcycle helped a lot this summer, but winter was going to be a bitch if I didn't do something.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
I am DEFINITELY going to get an RCSB for a project, just don't know when.

I drive ~35 miles each way to work 5 days a week, it was costing me $100/week JUST to drive back/forth to work not including what I drive on the weekends.

:shake: I know how you feel there, I just changed jobs and went back to my old job because I started working 24 miles away 1-way, working 6 days a week, spending $100 a week if not a little more in gas and it just wasn't worth the extra mileage, wear and tear on my truck and not making any more money than a job that's 10 minutes from my house

Emery19

That Ford Guy
Apr 8, 2012
Mount Laurel, NJ
:tableflip::bertstare:

somehow i knew this was coming. kinda sucks though, you had my favorite nnbs. and i didn't even get to see it. but i know what you mean by fuel costs. i shudder to think what i spent in fuel this summer filling up two trucks. i just hate driving cars to much to get into one. now how do you plan on getting the dirt bike places? while im not the biggest honda fan. I know you'll make it look good with whatever you do to it. and at least you did it right and got a SI. i bet its a blast to drive

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
:okay:

I don't mind driving cars, if it were an automatic base Civic, I'd most definitely want to shoot myself, but this one is pretty fun to drive. Dirtbike is no longer, I sold that a few months back to put the down payment on my motorcycle (Buell) which I still have.

Charlie

Mar 21, 2012
Luckily, I didn't trade a truck in when I made a similar move to this:
2012-03-11143300.jpg

I'm bored with it, tired of the dirty looks and lack of respect on the roadway. Can't wait for it to be gone.

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
That's too bad. Hopefully I'll be able to get another truck in a little while to satisfy the want for a truck. But right now, it's precisely that, more of a want than a need.

okbeast

Feb 8, 2011
You realize if you got a car to save $, but then turn around and buy a project truck with the money you're saving...you are not saving any money...

Craig

Mar 9, 2012
Michigan
Looks good Jordan and good move financially. I was in the same shoes with my '09 1500 that I had, sold it because of all the driving I did and how much I was paying for gas each month. Now I am back in another truck but I have a dd this time lol. After all is said and done, I am actually paying less with the truck and car (includes gas, payment, insurance, maintenance) then if I were to only have my truck.

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
Looks good Jordan and good move financially. I was in the same shoes with my '09 1500 that I had, sold it because of all the driving I did and how much I was paying for gas each month. Now I am back in another truck but I have a dd this time lol. After all is said and done, I am actually paying less with the truck and car (includes gas, payment, insurance, maintenance) then if I were to only have my truck.
Thanks Craig! I thought about getting a car to DD and keeping the truck, but I just couldn't justify spending all that money on a payment to let it sit while I drove a crap box. That, and my truck wasn't nice enough to deserve to have a separate DD :crazy:
Figured you for more of a prius kind of guy.

:iamdisappoint:

Cool Si though.

:kittehstare:

Tony, plz go.