Alright CGM i'm in need of some assitance, possible tranny or fuel

Emery19

That Ford Guy
Apr 8, 2012
Mount Laurel, NJ
Well first off, I know I'm not very active around here. but many of you might recognize me from GMFS and I've been here for a little bit. You also all know I don't own a GM, the Yukon is my dad's and I'm a Ford guy.. all of that aside I need some mechanical help.

It;s pretty general help I would say so hopefully some of you mechanically inclined fellows will be able to point me in the right direction.

DISCLAIMER, I have already posted this on the Ford Ranger forum that I am on and they are absolutely useless.. no help at all, not even one suggestion as to what the issue is. so i said screw it, I'll ask over here. truth be told I like the community better over here anyways. so :shake:

anyways onto my issue. vehicle in question 2007 Ford Ranger, 4x4 with the 4.0l V6. (that means no ford diesel bashing, because its not my diesel having issues :whoa:)

here is my original post from when the issue first started..

so, ive been having an issue with my truck lately, and i'm getting annoyed as i daily drive it, and its my work truck and I have no idea whats causing it. intermitently on throttle tip in, the truck bucks and shutters and sorta acts like its dying.

this maade me think it was fuel at first. but it only really happens under load and when I'm towing. it sometimes happens with an empty truck, but not as much. i was driving home today after picking up the trailer and it did it as i started up a slight incline. so i held the throttle in the same position and every 10 seconds it would buck. so i gave i more gas, and it did it once more then shifted and drove fine the rest of the way.

I think it might be something wrong with the tranny, but I'm not entirely sure in all honesty. as far as i can recollect it hasnt done this until after it had the tranny flushed. and this was also the second time it was flushed. back in april. BUt the truck was home with my dad adn was barely driven, while i was at school and over in france.

thoughts?

well i think i have it narrowed that its not a tranny issue anymore as this happenned today...

well i dont think its the tranny anymore. truck threw a check engine light today while i was going up a hill with the trailer. i pulled over, engine sounded like it was running on three cylinders. but it then cleared up, the cel is off. when i got home i tried to pull the codes off and it came up telling me that there are none. so who knows. WHen i get out to my buddies shop ill throw his reader on it which is a little more advanced and see what happens. i think its an egr valve or a O2 sensor. soo ill find out soon.

so thats my story. I really appreciate the help that anyone gives to me, I just wanna get this resolved really. honestly, any response will be appreciated, even its just bashing me for driving a ford. blah blah blah i dont care. it'll be a better response then what i have gotten in the other place it was posted. also i'll just throw in, that this imo is one of the best communitys i belong to, so i'll bake some cookies or a fucking cake for anyone that helps. regular scheduled programming can now commence. thanks guys :shake:

Keeler

Mar 25, 2012
Claremore, Oklahoma
Need to check your fuel pressure and start from there. When was the last time it's had plugs and wires? These fords can be finicky when it comes to that. Also have the codes pulled. From the sounds of it there will probably be some random misfire codes but there may be others ie. Lean ect.

Sent from your moms twat

Emery19

That Ford Guy
Apr 8, 2012
Mount Laurel, NJ
had plugs less less then 1500 miles ago. wires are original i think tho. they were done in march. but the truck was only driven 700 miles between then and when i got home the 8th of june. I tried pulling codes with my handheld and it didn't come up with anything. so i was confused. my guess is there stored in the computer i just need a more indepth code reader to pull them. when i get up to my buddys shop I'll have him put his computer on it and see. along with the fuel pressure. I might be able to check that with my handheld, but I'm not sure how or if i can.

thanks man, ill give that a shot and see what happens :shake: