Alecks' 2010 Sierra

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
you hit a pothole and will use all of the 3/8 of travel. were not discussing long travel, were talking standard travel to get you through a normal day. You enter a steep driveway and boom you're on the stops.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
I'm not gonna argue with you any more. All I said was it looks better with some height to the truck, not flat cuz that defeats the purpose of a lift IMO. It's not gonna be the death of the truck. If he doesn't wanna do it, he doesn't have to. I liked the way my trucks rode, sorry your vag is salty.

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
I'm not gonna argue with you any more. All I said was it looks better with some height to the truck, not flat cuz that defeats the purpose of a lift IMO. It's not gonna be the death of the truck. If he doesn't wanna do it, he doesn't have to. I liked the way my trucks rode, sorry your vag is salty.
The real purpose of the lift is tire clearance and height, not ground clearance. :read:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
is it that difficult to understand that having little to no down travel is how you bend/brake suspension components and get your teeth knocked out when you hit a decent bump?

Reactions: SamCarroll

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Lower it

:hidesbehindsofa:
giphy.webp

Reactions: Khaos

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
sam, im not saying the ride is gonna be great. but in my mind, for what alecks is doing, it isnt going to justify the 3k he will spend.
i dont think he needs to swap crossmembers, but coilover swap and light crank for height but still maintaining angles and good travel numbers, not sitting just above the bumps. Thats a ride nobody likes, even at the mall.

Reactions: DeanH1290
i dont think he needs to swap crossmembers, but coilover swap and light crank for height but still maintaining angles and good travel numbers, not sitting just above the bumps. Thats a ride nobody likes, even at the mall.
i agree, i think switching to coil overs and keeping decent stuff is the correct move. i was basically saying i wouldnt waste nearly the money for a complete swap to a FTS is my big thing.