After two years, the truck finally has new shoes.

DV2000NJ

May 24, 2012
About two years ago I decided it was time to upgrade to some light 17s, and some good sticky tires. Shortly after this decision was made, I was given a 17" aluminum spare tire from an '07 Silverado as partial payment for helping a friend with his car.

It was a good looking wheel, and when I got it home on a scale, I found it only weighed 21 lbs. Exactly what I was looking for.

Two years later, I finally got the cash to find 3 more wheels, and get some 275/60/17 Hankook Ventus ST RH06.

These tires are 1.5" shorter than my old tires, and the whole combo is 12 lbs. lighter. I'm hoping that both the decrease in diameter, and rotating weight will get me a 12.99 once the good air comes back around. Time will tell. :D

Oh, and the truck looks like less of a clusterfucked piece of shit now, too.

How it was:

The truck is back! by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

Now:

New wheels and tires by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

New wheels and tires - Hankook Ventus ST RH06 by Dan Valanzola, on Flickr

I had Hankook Ventus - DNW again.........yes they stick on perfectly dry roads. But I was all over in the wain. Overall not bad for a lower cost tar though.

Truck looks good like that.

seems odd to me that its lowered with flares and line-x'd rockers. Wheels are sweet tho

IIRC his rockers were nearly gone from rust, he had them repaired and line-x'ed rather than repainted, and it was leveled at one point in time.

truck is more GO than SHOW, which is what I think we was after this time around

This. Flares and linex might look dumb on a lowered 4x4, but dirt roads are fun as shit, and I don't have to worry about paint chips. And it confuses people at the track even more.

I kinda like the flares :shrug: if mine wouldve had them I probably wouldve left them on there imo at least for a while