Adjusted's 1990 K5 Blazer Project

All my niggas look rich as fuck...

Now 9" lift sfa, 37" and 22's mall crawler imo

Not sure if im going modern or classic with it yet, but lift and more tire is in store for sure. Dont plan on mudding it but would like to keep some offroad-ability.

not K5 BTW... it's a V10 Blazer ;)

Looks good, congrats! I picked up a 91 from my boss fairly recently.

Hah yeah but nobody refers them that way, not sure why GM changed the designation for the F/S suvs to the RV naming.
Thanks!

Good score, looking forward to see it progress. Wayyyy better starting spot than that POS '85 I bought earlier this year

Sent from Tapatwat

Yeah I got lucky for the price. Most have been abused or not maintained from what i saw, and the ones that were well kept were wayyy overpriced.

Hah yeah but nobody refers them that way, not sure why GM changed the designation for the F/S suvs to the RV naming.
Thanks!

It's because when the C/K 88-98 (GMT400) came out, they didn't want people to get confused. So they used C/K on the new body, and changed the remainder of the old bodies still in production to R/V. IMO, it's more confusing now days because most people don't even know about this, and you tell them you've got a V10 blazer and they give you the DA-FAQ look.

KAi2TGk.jpg

Been driving this thing around alot lately, keeping miles off of the Sierra when im not at works is nice. Taking the driveshaft to the shop today for balancing and diagnosing the CV and U-joint trying to fix this rear end shake, best starting point I can think of.

Fun fact: this 1990 350 gets better MPG than my very mild built 5.3 lol. 14.2mpg avg vs 13.5mpg avg. :facepalm:

I put mainly highway and farm road miles on this thing so far, plus im sure once I put non-stock sized tires on it the mileage will plummet significantly lol. For now, weeeeeee

I bought it with a mild cam, huge 4 barrel, and 35s. It was doomed from the start lol. And of course it ran like shit on cheap unleaded so I had to use ethanol-free premium. Was an expensive 6 months.

Best money ive spent on this truck yet. $84 to balance and paint the driveshaft, and replace both joints. Rear end vibration is 100% gone, trucks driveability is 2x better, and it no longer feels like it is about to shake apart during accel or cruising highway speeds. :dubstep:

LRpkEti.jpg

Next up, fix a coolant leak from the hose, and try to find a good deal on a new dash thats not a cheap aftermarket.

Next up, fix a coolant leak from the hose

WELP, that was fun. Replacing a $15 lower hose turned into a complete coolant system replacement. I took off that lower hose and it puked some of the brownest coolant I have ever seen, looked up into the water pump and it was rusted to hell. Everything looked factory, so I decided to swap out the 25yo radiator, water pump, all gaskets, upper hose, thermostat, and clean the hell out of the nasty reservoir. Ended up costing me an unexpected $220+ but I put it all back together, filled it up and let the system air out, check the temp and she was good to go - no more leak, no more rusty coolant. Remembered how much I hated old fan shrouds too.

Lf4Iwym.jpg

6KVlUeP.jpg

Also, changed the oil with 10w-30 standard and replaced my PCV valve and hose and now I get more blue smoke out of the exhaust on accel/idle than I did before. I figured when I bought it that I had a worn valve seal (still think I do), and/or I was just using way too much oil through the PCV. Looks like I need the upgraded GM P/N 12572717 PCV which does not have a check valve, but instead just a small hole that was engineered to eliminate the consumption issue. Going to pick one up this week.

Done yet? Neighbor got his hellcat in finally and picked up C10/K10 number 3. House full of awesomeness. I'll let you know if he has parts for sale and vise versa

Done yet? Neighbor got his hellcat in finally and picked up C10/K10 number 3. House full of awesomeness. I'll let you know if he has parts for sale and vise versa

heynow. Cammed NBS, Bagged RCSB, and K5 Blazer also = house full of awesomeness.

Getting the 350 reliable until I can swap a 5.3, pretty much done there. Now starting on the interior renovation. Dont have anything worth selling yet, but will have a blue interior up for cash in a few months - seats are good, just not what I want.