Add on remote starter

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
Hey guys, I've been looking at getting remote start for quite some time now, but never wanted to get a cheesy alarm system. Unlike most, I actually like my factory remotes and they have a good range compared to most oem systems.

I've been looking at an avital add-on remote start system. Basically function by pressing lock button 3 times and will start the vehicle.

Anybody have any input on this system or have one themselves? I know dei makes good products

my brother just got one in november for his truck. they are awesome. Would be cool to integrate into factory system then just get a ballin esky fob

Well where I live i don't really need a full alarm, plus I have full coverage so if you want something, take it, I'll get another one. I like the factory remotes, and hate all these damn two way pager remotes they have now, so that's why I was looking at this system. Seems simple enough to operate, and even has valet mode so you can leave the truck running, and remove the keys and lock the vehicle.