JBlack151

Apr 9, 2013
Fairfield, CT
I got my truck back from having my gears installed and decided to pull out the "Face Melt" method after a good washing. The truck was corrected and sealed up a few weeks back so yesterday I just did a wash and realized....

"I haven't applied Briliant Glaze and Amerciana on this truck yet!"

So I ran to the fridge and grab the all mighty tub sitting quietly on the shelf and was ready to be unleashed. Once I was done wiping away the last of the Americana the sun was beginning to set. I knew I had to grab the camera and go drive around town.

I know present you with Brilliant Glaze + Americana = FACE MELT! :drool:

JBlack151

Apr 9, 2013
Fairfield, CT
What tire shine do you use?

I scrub them down with Adam's APC during the wash then I use Adam's "Milk" on the tires. It's a 16 oz bottle mixed with water and Adam's SVRT 50/50 with a sprayer. Then I follow up with a wipe down with a foam applicator.

Last edited:

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
^ this. I mix my SVRT 50/50 with water and I like how the finish turns out better than 100% SVRT.

Colton

Mar 20, 2012
Hmm for some reason I havn't read of anyone doing that. I'll definitely have to try that out this weekend!

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Yeah, most (if not all of) adam's products are water-based and can be reduced.

Sorry to thread jack :crazy:

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
I heard of the 'milk' but never knew about it. Now that I do, looks like once this bottle of svrt becomes half empty, it will magically turn full again :crazy:

But this truck could be slave feet dirty and it'd still melt my face. so so sick

sent from your HTC Rezound

BLK_GMC

Apr 8, 2013
Clean truck! How often it go threw some mud wholes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBlack151

Apr 9, 2013
Fairfield, CT
Clean truck! How often it go threw some mud wholes?

It will get dirty soon. I'm actually looking forward to breaking it loose in some mud. But since I just got everything completed and it's the beginning of detailing season for me I'll be keeping it clean for a little while since I'll be slammed working on my clients rides then being able to enjoy mine.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

Last edited:

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
The American Force look much better in smaller sizes, Wow. I'm not the only one that thinks 22x14s are retarded big.

And Americana is the shit, makes my scratched black truck look like glass. Did adam's clay bar and americana two weeks ago, washed again today and it still looks like new

JBlack151

Apr 9, 2013
Fairfield, CT
It was really hard trying to find pics of a 20x10 AF wheel since everything you see is a x12 or x14. I thought I was going to shell out all that cash and get a wheel with a tiny lip which would have sucked. All I had to go off was the offset/bs info and a few shots of some x10s in the 5 lug series.

When they finally arrived I was so happy with them. And the lip actually reads out to be exactly 5 inches which is awesome for a x10.

ne3ybyhy.jpg

Last edited:

fortplainman

official CGM slut
Feb 8, 2012
utica ny
whats your offset/backspacing? i know my lift is a couple inches lower than yours so id have to do the cali fender mod. i love my BDS but fuck i wish i got something that was 7-9 like fabtech set to 9 on bilsteins.

JBlack151

Apr 9, 2013
Fairfield, CT
-25 Offset / 4.5 BS.

I currently have my Bilstiens set at 7 with only minor rubbing in reverse at full lock with no trimming right now. I was letting the suspension settle after the install to begin cutting the plactics. That should be happening within the next week. Otherwise the ride is way better than stock. I was even shocked the rear didn't have that much chatter/hop to it with being so light. The rear 5100s do an amazing job.