1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
Ok so I've been fighting ABS issues ever since blew a brake caliper seal and installed the new one, then bled the brakes. I bled them the old school way, without thinking about the abs at all. Ever since then the ABS light has been on.

Had a code for the front wheel speed sensor, which I replaced and now the abs light is off every time I start the truck, but as soon as I hit 40-50ish mph it pops back up, and the trucks dings. Sometimes rolling at 45-50 if I hit the brake it vibrates like the abs is working, for no reason, but it doesn't always do this. Any ideas? I'll post back up after I pull the new codes tomorrow but I really need to fix this, it bugs the shit out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
pull the wheel speed sensor off the other front wheel and clean it.

the truck might think one wheel is spinning faster then the other.

i have always bleed my stuff the normal way with no ABS issues.

What Ginger said.

Check the other sensor. They are a pain in the ass like that.

Do you guys think it'd be worth it to go ahead and replace both front sensor with new parts while I'm in there?

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
most of the time they just need to be cleaned, i think its just one allen bolt that holds them in.

Yeah but you have to take the brakes off too, why I haven't done it yet

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
most of the time they just need to be cleaned, i think its just one allen bolt that holds them in.

True but see below.

Yeah but you have to take the brakes off too, why I haven't done it yet

The dust shield is in the way, you can get the bolt out but can't pull the sensor out of the hub.

If you do take it all apart, use a pair of metal shears or dremel and make the little notch bigger so you can remove them to clean in the future.

Last edited:

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
hmm, i might pull the sensor as well... started up unicorn and abs and parking brake lights were on... :redneckwtf:

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I just pull my abs fuse to eliminate the 'moose call' lol. I'll fix mine next time brakes are due

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
idk why mine popped up though, havent driven it really since november, except around the block a few times and to cars and coffee once

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Yes, and the brake light. But it beats having the abs kick on every time you touch the brake pedal.

1brokekid

Jan 24, 2014
Yes, and the brake light. But it beats having the abs kick on every time you touch the brake pedal.

Holy shits balls just took the fuse out and the alarm dings like 800 times when you first start it