A couple questions about a truck i might be purchasing. ANY HELP NEEDED.

PapaFerg

Jun 22, 2014
The truck is a 2001 extended cab.
The current setup has way too much camber for my liking when laid out. I want to be able to ride low, without having to buy new tires all the time. The setup is a 2 link in in the rear with bags on bars, only has front and back set up, and is using a 5 gallon tank and VIAIR compressor. It is notched to lay, but the problem i'm seeing with the camber is how the front suspension is set up. The front has drop spindles and stock arms. The shocks are aftermarket but he said they limit its ability to actually lay frame. They are relocated he said. He said he will try and get a picture soon.
255/30r24 also

The questions that comes to mind are:
In order to eliminate the camber in the front to minimal to none, would i need to buy a whole front kit?(Ekstensive is what i had in mind)
Or is there another cheaper, simpler way to solve this problem.
Reason being: I want to ride low. I don't know how low i can ride, but with the excessive camber when laid out, my guess is not as low as i would like.

Another is why would the shocks be limiting how far it can go? I am thinking they might not be the right size shocks. If so would street performance shocks be good to go with that?

I have a local person that would be doing the work if anything needed to be fabbed up or worked on. I am just wanting to know what im getting into before i actually buy the truck and then be stuck.

Thank you for the input!