Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I'm going to be converting my '04 WT to power windows and locks (but not mirrors) using 99-02 panels and switches, due to the switches having internal relays and not needing to go through a BCM.

I am also going to be running an exhaust cutout.

My idea is to use the unused power mirror switch on the 99-02 switches OR one of the rear window switches (if I get a crew cab switch) to open and close the cutout if possible.

Does anyone know if either the mirror switch or one of the two rear window switches acts as a DPDT switch, or can be made to act as a DPDT switch? If so, can I get a walkthrough?

*paging ScottyBoy* :crazy:

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Thanks for looking. Hoping someone chimes in and knows how they're wired and can give a hand.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Thanks Anthony, I'll check that out later at home. I forgot about that site. Tried looking on The12Volt quick but couldn't find anything... Didn't go digging though. Gonna have to get my :nerd: on and dig

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
When I was thinking about bagging the Silvy my plan was to use a crew cab driver door window switch and use the rear switches for the front and back bags.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
So, It looks to me like (with my admittedly huge lack of understanding) that the windows switches should be dpdt like the cutout switch, but I can't make heads or tails out of the wiring diagrams...guess I should have paid more attention in Electronics 101 :laugh:

I saved all of the diagrams for a 2001 silverado, so that's a plus (thanks for the site Anthony). Anyone care to take a look for me?

This is the wiring for what would be the left rear window switch. You can ignore the motor wiring and all of that seeing as I only have 2 windows to worry about.

jOFP1vy.png

Here's the actual .pdf if it isn't clear in the picture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ast8r3bnm...ndow Switches - Driver and LR, G305).pdf?dl=0

I would like to have one of the rear window switches function as the switch for the cutout if at all possible.

----------------------------------------------------

When I was thinking about bagging the Silvy my plan was to use a crew cab driver door window switch and use the rear switches for the front and back bags.

Ideally, the left rear window switch would be the cutout and the right rear would eventually be for helpers. Great minds think alike...it's just implementing it that kills me :rofl:

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Yeah, I researched like crazy but gave up after seeing the schematics lol.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Of course I only added that diagram to my db. I'll post it later when I get home.

And I found a lot of kits and sources saying power window switches are dpdt. But these could obviously be different.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Seems like I can't find a pinout of any switches....fak.

Need to dig deeper.

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Not to interrupt but what ur saying is in order to add power locks and Windows to any pre 03 truck all you need is the door panels, switches and regulators and it's all just power and grounds from there?

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Yep. Simply put, 99-02 switches are actual relays that can be wired for almost anything (hence this thread) whereas the 03-07c just send signals to the bcm and the bcm tells the windows and locks and seats and mirrors what to do.

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
Yep. Simply put, 99-02 switches are actual relays that can be wired for almost anything (hence this thread) whereas the 03-07c just send signals to the bcm and the bcm tells the windows and locks and seats and mirrors what to do.

Now kinda want to graft in a set of crew cab window switches for le bags

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
It would be cool to figure this out so I could have my cutout on one and helpers on the other eventually.

I'm off today so I'm gonna grab my switches, my cutout, and my power supply and see what I come up with, if anything.

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
It would be cool to figure this out so I could have my cutout on one and helpers on the other eventually.

I'm off today so I'm gonna grab my switches, my cutout, and my power supply and see what I come up with, if anything.
Open it up so you can see how it works, it's what we would have done before the Internet