82 Virago Bobber

06_LowTie

HID+
Apr 2, 2013
Bear, Delaware, United States
Ok so there's this older chick at work and she fell and hurt herself so she wants to get rid of her bike. Its a 1982 Yamaha Virago (ugly as shit stock) and she said she'll sell it to me for $300... It runs good just isn't tagged cause she said there's no point since she cant ride it. Figured id buy it and make it into a pretty sweet bobber cause i looked at a couple on the ol inter web and they don't look half bad.

Heres the bike im buying

And these are some of the bobbers that other people did

This one is accualy a 85 but i like the pipes

those are some nice bobbers !!! ive always liked them. and i really like the retro look with the exhaust wrap around the exhaust
but then again would never own one because i will kill myself on anything motorized on 2 wheels

I know for sure that im gonna wrap the exhaust cause ive always loved that look, but idk what color im gonna go with... i was thinking of sand blasting the tank and fenders down to raw metal and spraying acid on em and giving it a rust look then just flat clear over that... i know im gonna put my buddies club name on the side of the tanks which is 'Half Ass Customs" cause all the cars that are in the club are rat rods so it'll fit well with that theme.... and i got my buddy at work drawing up somthing that can go in the middle of the club name cause they have a old hot rod for theirs

I say do it pretty close to the 2nd one, with the pipes from the last and pick up an old Harley peanut tank for it

With a Harley Peanut tank would be much :turbohump:

Those ones you posted with stock tank are just :hump: