6.0 w/ bent rods. How big of a job?

Shift

Dat Boy
Jun 8, 2012
NE Arkansas
The good: Just picked up a 6.0 complete for $0.

The bad: Came out of a farm truck. Farmer was using it to prime a pump, sucked it full of water and bent a few rods. How big of a job would this be to fix? Engine was running (like shit) when it came in. I've built a few motors before, but all of 'em have been single cylinder two strokes. :scared:

Depending on what else is messed up..typically when you replace rods you wanna go ahead and replace valves and valve springs since they aren't very expensive and they tend to get bent when you bend a rod, also would depend on the condition of the heads and cylinders..you said there was water so expect some rust which will need to be addressed
I mean it's really hard to say until you get in there and see what exactly the damage is

pretty damn easy if you arent in a hurry and/or you hage it on an engine stand. look for pics of cam or head installs to see how to do it.

still need to do my head-swap write up...damn

Honestly you dont need boost... Just put a decent cam in it, forged pistons, better heads, and a good intake. THEN spray the nitrous to it. I was going to boost my 408 but decided to go 250 shot!

Although it'd be fun, I'm not going to boost. Decided on building pretty mild and just rolling with it. I drive 10 miles a day and usually don't get over 45 mph. Also don't have the monies... :doitlive: