slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Bumping this. Would flipping blocks be the same as removing them? I know Daniel did it on his Denali. Would do this so I wouldn't have to buy 2wd u bolts

ShredSled

NBS
May 9, 2012
Motor City
Bumping this. Would flipping blocks be the same as removing them? I know Daniel did it on his Denali. Would do this so I wouldn't have to buy 2wd u bolts

What does this mean? If I read that literally it makes no sense.
Why was it done on a Denali?

Do you have a flip-kit?
If you do a flip kit and put the blocks on top of your leaf pack then you are effectively adding that much to your total drop measurement... which means super rgv type low and not practical... but in that case, yes you could possibly keep your U-bolts (although honestly it is not recommended to reuse after they are stretched.)

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Do yourself a favor and lift the rclb...they look terrible lowered!

Or go buy some damn shackles already and drop it, they cost $35 at vatozone.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Honestly Matt, just order new ubolts from SD Truck Spring. They're located on Long Island and it'll be a day or two max shipped to you. I have them on my truck and they're really nice quality.

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Do yourself a favor and lift the rclb...they look terrible lowered!

Or go buy some damn shackles already and drop it, they cost $35 at vatozone.

I don't think so when it comes times for new tires new wheels are gonna come with it, some sort of replicas or OEM. Then front is gonna be de cranked until cv's are level and rear will be dropped accordingly. Will look up the shackles

Honestly Matt, just order new ubolts from SD Truck Spring. They're located on Long Island and it'll be a day or two max shipped to you. I have them on my truck and they're really nice quality.

Will check that out too, thanks! :shake:

ShredSled

NBS
May 9, 2012
Motor City
NNBS blocks?

You gonna section the frame and bed floor for a notch? Or just say fuck it and ride like a Harley hard tail with no suspension travel out back?

boston71

Jan 17, 2014
Somerset KY
Hello guys...Ive got a 96 Burb looking to lower as soon as weather gets better. It sits just about dead even now. I wanted to do lowering keys in the front and hangers and shackles in the back for what i was hoping to give me 4/4. Any links for the parts or any words of wisdom would be great. Thanks in advance

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
I'm new to this too but 4" seems a lot for just keys maybe look into spindles or better yet new upper and lower control arms

Sent from my potato

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Fully decranked 2500 keys gave me 3" but the ride isnt very good with no load on the t bars, I recommend 2" spindles with 2500 keys and crank/decrank until you get it where you want or if you can swing the $$ do control arms

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Matt you can't get control arms or spindles for 4wd OBS. Some guys have claimed as much as 5" of decrank with lowering keys on OBS, just have to modify the bump stops. Boston71 Belltech makes a kit with front keys and shackles/hangers, try PMing someone from The Suspension Source or tim from Tim's suspension on here

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Matt you can't get control arms or spindles for 4wd OBS. Some guys have claimed as much as 5" of decrank with lowering keys on OBS, just have to modify the bump stops. Boston71 Belltech makes a kit with front keys and shackles/hangers, try PMing someone from The Suspension Source or tim from Tim's suspension on here

I am disappoint in myself haha

Sent from my potato

droppedknight

Feb 12, 2014
Just ordered the djm2199 3/5, wish me luck
cf2044a5b4c0537b7b3c38623e685c93.jpg

Curtisdean22

Dec 13, 2014
Dakota. I have the exact same truck. What flip kit is the best to order I'm looking at the DJM 6 inch flip kit and C notch kit. Will it be as low as yours? Tell me what I need to buy. Did the shocks help out a lot? I have 2 inch drop hangers and 2 inch drop shackles and lowering keys lowered 3 inches in the front. Message me if you can it'd help out a lot 601-754-1463

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
Dakota. I have the exact same truck. What flip kit is the best to order I'm looking at the DJM 6 inch flip kit and C notch kit. Will it be as low as yours? Tell me what I need to buy. Did the shocks help out a lot? I have 2 inch drop hangers and 2 inch drop shackles and lowering keys lowered 3 inches in the front. Message me if you can it'd help out a lot 601-754-1463

No djm notch. They have been known to crack. Imo the best flip kit and bolt in notch is the mcgaughys.

Sent from Tapashit

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana

Djm notches have been known to bend frames. Not in all cases of course, but there have been a few on the forums that suffered a bent frame when the notch was just bolted in. I have the Mcgaughys bolt in notch and flip and have been running it for over 2 years with 0 complaints.

You won't want to go lower than 5/8ish.. to get that, you want 2" spindles and the keys you already have. I'd look at the belltech 2508 17+ 2" spindles. Make sure they are the 17+ meaning for 17" wheels or bigger, otherwise you won't be able to clear the cv's.

You could also run djm control arms and use your keys to adjust the height. They net 3" drop. hit up CammedVmax if you decide to go that route, he has some for sale.

For the rear, a flip kit with bolt in notch and shackles set at 2" with stock hangers.

You will have to get shocks regardless. Make sure you have them when you do the drop, that's not something you want to wait on. I ran belltech street performance and had no problems with them. They were a little stiff but not bad.

Last edited: