4l80e leaking from slip yoke question

RickLzonai

Sep 29, 2014
2003 2500hd 2wd with the 4l80e tranny in it and the past few days it has had some small drips from the slip yoke of trans fluid and this morning I went out and theres just a big puddle.

its not the extension shaft seal because I have just replaced that when my tranny mount broke and it went sideways but now its not leaking from there its leaking from literally the slip yoke into the tranny is there an o ring or something in the tailshaft part of the tranny or is this a more serious internal issue

thanks !

ive read that and I have also read that theres a bushing but the thread the tranny was in like a mustang and they just bought a whole new tailshaft housing just to get that bushing, don't understand why couldn't just replace the bushing

and so basically I I just have to take it off to source my problem ?

okay so i took it all apart, the extension shaft outer seal is replaced theres an o ring that i replaced and there is a bushing behind a snap ring that i had to get from chevy dealership but also replaced.

this is how the previous one was so that clearly had to be the issue but now that everything is replaced i went to work right after replacing it all, no leaking and am currently on a break went out to my truck to take some pictures and there was a steady drip pouring out again. anything else im missing ? is there something about the housing that can get worn out ?