4" hangers/shackles to 6" flip?

Boston

Dec 27, 2013
I have a 4" rear drop from hangers and shackles and want to go to a flip for 6" or 7" drop. Can I keep the hangers and just go with a 1" raise shackle (which I have from diff project). This would mean that I start with a 1" drop before flipping axle. I have helper bags already.

Just wondering about geometry. I guess I could try it and adjust pinion appropriately then.

Last edited:
you can, but I hated running the lifted shackles. You have to cut the bracket off that the shackle bolts into through the hanger, if you ever go back to a stock hanger, you will no longer have that bracket. Some say you need it, one guy doesn't use his, so I went the same route. I have had no issues, but it still bothers me.

Maybe someone will chime in one day and say for a fact that you don't/do need it. But when I talked to Tim at Timsuspensiononline he suggested that I buy a new one and bolt it back up.

im about to do the same thing but im fine with a 7in drop in the rear, is there anyway i can lower the front to 5 since i allready have a 4in drop on the front as well?

I have a 2" spindle,2" coil spring and struts set at 1.5" for a total of 5.5"

1796988_622045224517680_565807867_o.jpg