Apr 8, 2012
Oklahoma City
Okayy I tried of the little Hondas wanting to race me when they know my truck is pretty slow so I'm wanting to do some performance mod what all can I get to boost it up a little I want to at least be able to catch up too them or somethin. All I have on right know is k&n, tbs, air sensor, transgo shift kit any ideas?

Peyton676

Mar 10, 2012
Le Boot
tbs and maf,belong in the garabge
Tune and a vette or sonnax servo with the HD2 would be nice
Throw some LTs on it
Save money,boost the fuck out of it,its whats those 4.8s love

Crazy Blu

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Mansfield Texas
Okayy I tried of the little Hondas wanting to race me when they know my truck is pretty slow so I'm wanting to do some performance mod what all can I get to boost it up a little I want to at least be able to catch up too them or somethin. All I have on right know is k&n, tbs, air sensor, transgo shift kit any ideas?

Big fkn snail or lot of spray! First do full bolt ons, 243 heads, custom grimd cam for juice or boost and your golden! Hit up nelson performance he is a boost god!
TBS and maf,belong in the garabge
Tune and a vette or sonnax servo with the HD2 would be nice
Throw some LTs on it
Save money,boost the fuck out of it,its whats those 4.8s love
BIG LETTERS MAKE FOR GOOD PAPER WEIGHTS OR SKIPPIN STONES IF YOU OWN A POND!

Last edited:

jonlholl

Gmfs transferee
Apr 14, 2012
West TN
Gear it if you haven't already. I have a 4.hate and I noticed a big difference going from 3.42s to 4.56s with 33s.

My next thing will be a 6.0 swap, I just had my trans gone through and beefed up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jayballz

Apr 1, 2012
A friend of mine has a 4.8 and it's got corvette servo, headers, intake and a tune. It regularly stomps that ass. His is a regular cab though.

BlackedOutHoe

Jan 9, 2011
Lexington, SC

Are you tuned yet? If not, that's the absolute first place I would start. Keep in mind you do have a ccsb truck though, a LOT heavier than a little honda.

Last edited:

scarber08

Apr 22, 2012

On the 'cheap': Straight through style muffler, long tube headers, gears, and a custom tune to top it off.

Instead of paying $200+ for an aftermarket intake just buy the filter of your choice (I prefer Sprectre dry flows) and mod your stock airbox.

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Some good advice in here.

LTS and a Tune are gonna make the biggest bang for buck difference, A good free flowing muffler like mention will help a bit to.

JoshRA

Mar 30, 2012
DFW, Texas
I would do some LT's and ory, to a straight through style muffler, along with the HD2 shiftkit, regear, maybe to the 376's (i think thats what the z71's have), or 410's then a custom tune like black bear.

If you wanna add the money do a cam and all the goodies to go with it and a trutrac before you tune.

Def first you should do some LT's, ory, straight throught exhaust with a tune.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Let me tell you, tune and longtubes make a difference, but not a HUGE one. I am still slow!

Want my honest opinion, get nice supercharger or turbo kit, run a few pounds until you decide to build it better.

Too expensive? Try heads/cam/full exhaust and tune. It will be decent then.

Apr 8, 2012
Oklahoma City
First things first, what's your budget?
What's a budget? Jk don't really have one I'm willing to waste what I can to make a decent performance

Let me tell you, tune and longtubes make a difference, but not a HUGE one. I am still slow!

Want my honest opinion, get nice supercharger or turbo kit, run a few pounds until you decide to build it better.

Too expensive? Try heads/cam/full exhaust and tune. It will be decent then.

I really want to get heads/cam/gears/tune etc before going to the next level which is supercharge or turbo kit.

Crazy Blu

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Mansfield Texas
What's a budget? Jk don't really have one I'm willing to waste what I can to make a decent performance

I really want to get heads/cam/gears/tune etc before going to the next level which is supercharge or turbo kit.
Ok soundjng like u wanna go fast!!! First beef up drivetrain first then do performance engine mods!! Dont "mod" engine on a 60e its a complete was! Get an 80e and thats it! Gear wise with a trutrac id do 3.90s or 4.30s best gears ever. Order from rons he has killer deals!

JoshRA

Mar 30, 2012
DFW, Texas
I already got 80e & exhaust just need heads, tune etc. about the 4.30 gears what website is best?

With an 80e already, I would go with servo, shift kit, and stall in it. If you want to stay with the 4.8 then I would say go with heads, cam, LT's, ory, full exhaust, trutrac, 3.90's or 4.10's and a custom tune. Instead of doing that though, I would find a 6.0 block and build from there and add to the 80e with shift kit, servo, and stall with a trutrac and geared and it will be a monster. Down the road if you want more then all you have to do is take off the lt's and re-plumb and add turbo and a built 6.0 and 80e will be able to handle that without a prob.

Reactions: James