2piece driveshaft

05Smith

Mar 24, 2012
I have a 05 CC lowered 4/7 and I think it's finally time to swap driveshafts for a 2 piece. I'm just wanting to make sure but it doesn't matter if I get one from a 2500 if mines a 1500 right? It just needs to be from an ext cab

I would think that the 2500 driveshaft would be bigger which would mean it wouldnt work because we need smaller not the same size ones. Your local junk yard should have one laying around. If not just keep looking around.

I still need to find myself one, cant go lower until I do.... And I have the parts too go lower already.

Hey Shelby, I might be able to get one and send it with my friend to tehachapi, then you two could figure it out from there. I think he might be going to Lancaster soon.

That would be awesome Zach. How much do you think? And are you talking about jeremiah?

Yeah Jeremiah, I can get a price later this week. I wish I would've read this sooner. My brother used to work at a local junk yard. I probably could've gotten one for stupid cheap. I think it'll be around $80 after sales tax

That's still cheaper than what I've heard. And more convenient too. I've been seeing them for 200+ and none within an hour drive

Guys I need to know something, my buddy has a NBS ext cab lowered 3/6 and were thinking of trading driveshafts my big aluminum 1piece for his steel 2piece.. can he run mine without any problem? Also he has a 6.0 that doesn't matter does it?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

What transmission? Its been awhile since I was under a nbs ecsb but I'm pretty sure it'll work as long as the carrier bearing crossmember is removed.

I was kinda wondering the same thing as colyn but wasn't sure if a 2 piece would work on mine since its 4wd, haven't found a lot of info on it

Well my buddy is down for trading aslong as mine is safe for his truck and will work in a ECSB... I hope this works out so I can finally go lower in the back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

2-pc driveshaft

School me. Need to get these things done soon. My research time sucks now. Thanks in addvance. Fogle, can you help me?

lol.. what you talking about x-member notch? which one? didnt think for a 2 piece anything need to be notched? just move the evap canister out the way.