2021 Harley Sportster Build

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
Back in July, after years and years of wanting one, I finally bought a motorcycle. I decided to go with a sportster since it's more of a bare bones bike with plenty of aftermarket support to build it out to just about anything you can think of. At first I was going to do more of a drag style build, but I changed my mind real quick when I realized how much more comfortable an upright riding position is. Currently, I'm going with a club style build. On to the bike...

2021 Iron 883 in Snake Venom paint. It's hard to catch the color right in pictures, but it's a metallic shift that goes between green and purple.

Fresh off of the truck

It didn't take long before I started off with some simple/cheap mods to change it up.
Blinker relocation, Speedo relocation, tank lift/wire tuck, engine guard, LEDs all around, and sissy bar.

Last edited:

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
About 2 Months in and a little over 2k miles in the saddle, I had my "Not if, but when" moment. I came out fine, the bike didn't fair as well...

I decided to just fix what I could and move on. Thankfully all of the damage was cosmetic, not mechanical. At that time, I switched over to some taller handlebar risers to get a more upright seating position. I also switched to a different style headlight mount and painted the heat shields for the exhaust.

Over the Holidays, I was able to add some saddlebags, a fairing, and some handguards, and that's how it sits at the moment.