2014 Silverado/Sierras

2016 facelift, thoughts?

2016-chevrolet-silverado.jpg&MaxW=700&cci_ts=20150713124119

photoslap

11419282_1586919914905458_1556357472_n.jpg

overall i like it, but there are somethings that bug me.

2016-chevrolet-silverado%201_zpse4e3uyz1.jpg

1. why bring back the terrible gap between the fenders/headlights/grill and the top bumper cap? closing that gap is something they did RIGHT with the 14-15s. it reminds me alot of the 99-02s there:
2001-chevy-silverado.jpg

the headlights to the open grill. maybe its just this picture, but the headlights look like they are just hanging out there and there's almost a piece of trim missing.
2016-chevrolet-silverado%202_zpsuxugzsc2.jpg

narrowing where the grill "bumps" up into the hood. while i think it looks ok...it made it so the 14-15 guys can't swap on the more "cowl" looking hood of the 16 without getting the entire face
2016-chevrolet-silverado%203_zpsz1jqxazh.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, but I don't like how that chrome center piece in the bumper appears to hang down so far

Sent from your sister's house

Yeah I'm sure eventually it'll grow on me. I've found myself liking some of the current silvy's lately, mainly when they're colormatched. Hate to admit it but they are slowly growing on me so I'm sure the '16s will eventually.

Can't say I'm surprised, GM did their mid-generation facelift after 2 years on the nnbs too but that was a lot more subtle (2016 sierra will be released shortly I would think, with some front end changes too). They finally matched the Sierra in offering some of the same features (cm front end, LEDs, etc). The biggest thing I liked about these k2xx truck was that they brought back the split headlights but they clusterfucked it with this. It looks like they just took a front end off of an HD and a Colorado and stretched it on there unfortunately :nono:

Better, but still dont like the GMC design as a whole. Also, they still arent getting rid of those plastic mini-flares? :nono:, those things are so fugly.

The GMC looks much better. Wish they'd leave the grille more square tho. I don't mind the mini flares being black if it's a black or a red truck, but otherwise they need to be CM'd

theres a factory option to get them painted, its like a 795 charge. Well worth it imo. i just hope they put factory HID's in them for 16