2013 radio question

Gannon

That Guy
Jun 10, 2012
Logansport, Louisiana
So we just got new work trucks last week. The cheapest of the cheap. I listen to a lot of podcast and whatnot from my phone. But these trucks came with these radios that have no cd/tape/aux. I've read the how to's for the 99-07c adding the aux and swapping out vin locked radios. Is it the same process for these trucks? Is is possible to add the aux without the xm? Guy at the dealership told me if you take the radio out it will lock up the vehicle. Never heard of this. Just really looking for the best/cheapest route for getting an aux hookup. Thanks in advance.

a5e5agup.jpg

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Yeah, that's what he's talking about. That's probably your best option in my opinion.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Buy a cheap FM transmitter from Amazon. It plugs into CIG lighter, and plugs into the headphone jack on your phone. You set the transmitter to play on like 88.1 or 88.2 FM and then tune the radio to that station and then the audio from your phone plays thru the radio. They have some FM transmitters made specifically for I phones that also charge the phone while its plugged up.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Radios used to be VIN Locked... but that was early 2000's and I'm not even sure if all vehicles were.