2013 GMC Sierra Denali Lowering Kits

Deuuce

Apr 4, 2017
Massachusetts
www.salemglass.com
I am just wondering what kits people recommend to lower my truck? I have only looked into McGaughy's which seems like the way to go. How easy is it to install? I know I can only go 3/5 which is fine because winters in New England suck. Any insight helps and will be appreciated.

Thank you :lemon:

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
A lot of people on here have both mcg and belltech. The mcg guys seem to switch to belltech shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deuuce

Apr 4, 2017
Massachusetts
www.salemglass.com
So anybody that can add more to the belltech shocks would be appreciated as well. Are you buying the whole belltech kit or the bellteck lowering shocks with McG lowering kit? What shocks if so are best?

Thanks

Check out mah dudee Dev-Uno on youtube with his newest single "Boston Baked" off his next album entitled S0METHING WICKED LP || 2O17

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
I have a mcg 4/7 on my ccsb. The mcg rear shocks are pretty soft, borderline bouncy which is probably why a lot of guys swap to belltech shocks. Ive ran belltech sp shocks on my nbs and never had any complaints. I am running belltech drop struts up front and definitely recommend them. Both belltech and mcg kits are quality parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Deuuce

Apr 4, 2017
Massachusetts
www.salemglass.com
How low are you looking to go is the question. Belltech does hands down have the better shocks but depending on how low you want to go may not have an option for you

I've read I can only go a 3/5 with my AWD setup. Ultimately I want the best ride I can with no rub!!! I'm guessing I can prob go lower like 4/6 but have to notch the bed and tub the front wheel wells? I want to throw a set of 26s on it after.

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
This is my 4wd at 6/7. No issues. Raised up to 4/7 due to new wheels having taller tires
2236e600afecfd45b0226150a97b088d.jpg

7a38f9f9659ece3062840acc169d6f91.jpg

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
Okay so I love that stance both ways and your truck is sick ... I think a 4/6-4/7 is what I would like!!! What do you have for a complete set up??

It's mostly belltech. Struts, spindles up front for 4" and just a flip kit an belltech shocks in rear. Also have mcguaghy helper bags with onboard air compressor

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
Damn that thing sits perfect!! Do you have to notch for helper bags?? Does that serve the purpose of a smoother ride??

Has helpers. Needs a notch for sure lol. My leaf springs are sagging or something. Seems to .5"-1" lower than others with the same drop. The bags do help a lot with the ride. In the pic with the tbss wheels it has about 20 psi in. Raises the rear up about 2"

SportTruckPros

Jul 19, 2016
California
www.sporttruckpros.com
I've read I can only go a 3/5 with my AWD setup. Ultimately I want the best ride I can with no rub!!! I'm guessing I can prob go lower like 4/6 but have to notch the bed and tub the front wheel wells? I want to throw a set of 26s on it after.

I do recommend staying the the 3/5 to 4/6 range. I had a customer who went 5/7 ended up just having issues with the CVs.

Did you want me to build you a kit based on what I have read in the thread?

Reactions: Deuuce

Deuuce

Apr 4, 2017
Massachusetts
www.salemglass.com
I do recommend staying the the 3/5 to 4/6 range. I had a customer who went 5/7 ended up just having issues with the CVs.

Did you want me to build you a kit based on what I have read in the thread?

Yes that would be awesome ... I want to be able to have a awesome ride and fit 26s with no issues and no notching of any sort! Thank you very much!!!

cr3ug3r

Jun 24, 2021
I'm just wanting to tuck in 22x10 @ maybe 305x45.. having trouble finding the correct kit with my 2012 awd ccsb. Can anyone point me to the right one. Keep seeing statements about magna won't work with...Sorry I'm new here...have history with nbs and obs but not these let alone awd. First one

Last edited: