slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Purchased the Oz Tuning Omega Tune during July 4th sale. This tune allows you to run any octane (e85 thru 93) and it automatically adjusts its parameters to add/retard timing. Not many miles on it thus far but very tame during DD driving but rips under WOT. Will try a few different octanes, since i can, to see the power differences.
Dyno shows good for +35whp/+30tq on 93oct.

If I was N/A I would do it but $500 for the tuning + device cost for forced induction tune I was like nah. Not to mention multiple logs and revisions which would be a pita since I don’t have a laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gmc00z

Jan 23, 2011
N Ft Worth, TX
front end overhaul required after 126k miles on OEM equipment - upper/lower balljoints, wheel bearings, swarbar endlinks, bilstein 5100s. Really been eyeing the 3.0L duramax as its replacement but likely not for another couple years. These 5.0L are damn near bulletproof, most pushing 250-300k without issue. I do contemplate dropping down to a more economical setup after these tires wear out, but with 30k miles on them and i doubt even at 70% tread, we may have a ways to go.
bil5100.jpg

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
front end overhaul required after 126k miles on OEM equipment - upper/lower balljoints, wheel bearings, swarbar endlinks, bilstein 5100s. Really been eyeing the 3.0L duramax as its replacement but likely not for another couple years. These 5.0L are damn near bulletproof, most pushing 250-300k without issue. I do contemplate dropping down to a more economical setup after these tires wear out, but with 30k miles on them and i doubt even at 70% tread, we may have a ways to go.
View attachment 3206
How big of a difference was the overhaul? How you liking the 5100's?

gmc00z

Jan 23, 2011
N Ft Worth, TX
it definitely tightened up the steering and took away the floatiness of the suspension. I kept them at stock perch and still utilized my 2.5" spacer but somehow came out a little higher than OEM+spacer. They must be just a touch longer than OEM to give additional lift even at stock perch. This caused my UCA to be a little closer to the springs and have noticed contact on some dips/potholes/etc. Definitely not ideal, but after dropping so much on the front end work i think i'll just let it ride until these tires go and decide what i want to do. Not against selling the 22's and dropping back down to a 20" or even the tremor 18's
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: DirtyBlackHoe

gmc00z

Jan 23, 2011
N Ft Worth, TX
rotate/balance this weekend showed 2 of my wheels are bent. I did buy them 2nd hand with 305/40's and perhaps smaller tires throughout their lifetime. The tech showed me on the balancing machining the slight wobble, which IMO wasn't extreme. I haven't noticed any bad road manners since owning them.

Anyone have experience with running bent wheels? I can assume it can cause some premature wear of suspension components and potentially tires?

Still kicking around the idea of dropping it down for a more economical setup - 1.5" spacer vs the current 2.5" and some takeoff 20's and 275/60s or see what it would take to fix the bends and run a 305/45 toyo proxes or the like for a more sport truck look.FB_IMG_1662433511383.jpg

Last edited:

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
rotate/balance this weekend showed 2 of my wheels are bent. I did buy them 2nd hand with 305/40's and perhaps smaller tires throughout their lifetime. The tech showed me on the balancing machining the slight wobble, which IMO wasn't extreme. I haven't noticed any bad road manners since owning them.

Anyone have experience with running bent wheels? I can assume it can cause some premature wear of suspension components and potentially tires?

Still kicking around the idea of dropping it down for a more economical setup - 1.5" spacer vs the current 2.5" and some takeoff 20's and 275/60s or see what it would take to fix the bends and run a 305/45 toyo proxes or the like for a more sport truck look.

If you haven't noticed any issues this far I don't think I would let it concern me. If it is very slight and you don't tell it driving the truck I would rock on.

Why you thinking about changing setups? You wanting lighter? Easier to get in and out of? Better MPG?

gmc00z

Jan 23, 2011
N Ft Worth, TX
If you haven't noticed any issues this far I don't think I would let it concern me. If it is very slight and you don't tell it driving the truck I would rock on.

Why you thinking about changing setups? You wanting lighter? Easier to get in and out of? Better MPG?
less hassle with front end components, cost of tires, quieter ride.
I've still got so much life left in these AT3's that it'll be awhile but i keep finding myself aggravated with the road noise of them after they started cupping. I'm going to start rotating them more often to see if it helps any and be more diligent with the front end components and see if that changes my mind.

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
less hassle with front end components, cost of tires, quieter ride.
I've still got so much life left in these AT3's that it'll be awhile but i keep finding myself aggravated with the road noise of them after they started cupping. I'm going to start rotating them more often to see if it helps any and be more diligent with the front end components and see if that changes my mind.
I completely understand that. It is amazing how the older I get the more that stuff matters. I think it would look great either way and heaven's know tires will be cheaper .

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
If it's not bent enough to feel, you likely won't really get any accelerated wear on steering components. That may change going to a smaller/lighter tire and if so, then I might start looking for tires. But I probably wouldn't worry about it at this point

Reactions: gmc00z

gmc00z

Jan 23, 2011
N Ft Worth, TX
Found a set of these on FB Marketplace for cheap - $700. Even if i don't like them i can flip them for a profit. I think it will look decent, if only just to switch up the look after 3yrs. Plan is still to drop it down to reverse level on a 305/45 to fill the wheel well. Debating on tires to go with - eyeing Falken's and Yokohama's - although i like the directional pattern of the Toyo Proxes it would limit rotation patterns.
2016-ford-f150-limited-wheels.jpg

Reactions: Huck

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
Found a set of these on FB Marketplace for cheap - $700. Even if i don't like them i can flip them for a profit. I think it will look decent, if only just to switch up the look after 3yrs. Plan is still to drop it down to reverse level on a 305/45 to fill the wheel well. Debating on tires to go with - eyeing Falken's and Yokohama's - although i like the directional pattern of the Toyo Proxes it would limit rotation patterns.
2016-ford-f150-limited-wheels.jpg
Can't wait to see this. I know I have LOVED every set of Falkens I have ever owned. Definitely recommend those.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

gmc00z

Jan 23, 2011
N Ft Worth, TX
been eyeing this one hard for a couple weeks now.
'22 RST 2WD - 3.0 Duramax - 24k miles
$50k - private party seller

Duramax 3.0
Ceramic tint
Ceramic coating exterior/wheels
PPF full front, door cups/mirrors
Full LED exterior
Auto on fog lights
Preferred leather seats
Chevytech bed liner
Bakflip G2 bed cover
Cognito suspension leveling kit with Elka shocks front/rear
Nitto G2 37x12.50R17
Method NV double black wheels
Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Last edited:

gmc00z

Jan 23, 2011
N Ft Worth, TX
sold out from underneath me. He let it go for $46k - atleast last listed price. These are starting to stockpile here in DFW so deals are to be had for sure BUT baby #3 is due in March and the 5.0 is still chuggin along with 138k so earliest i'm looking at is end of '24 or wait for refreshed '25s.

Who knows, we may run the 5.0 up to 200k+ miles.

Falken AT4W's came out in 285/55 @ ~$400/ea opposed to the $500+/ea for Toyo/Nitto so those will be in line at some point. Still have good life left on the Toyos with ~40k+ miles.

Reactions: Huck