2006 lbz

What'd you do? Trans take a shit on you?
What mods are most important in your opinion

It'll limp even in my first tune, it flares and shifts bad. WOT truck shakes because the converter is fuck... But credit where it's due I have been riding around with it fucked for a while and it hasn't left me anywhere.

Most important mods to me would be first to remove all the emissions shit on the truck because that is bad for the motor, and if you're making racetruck you're going to be doing enough damage as is :lol:

EFI live and transgo jr and shim the relief valve on the cp3 at the same time because in my mind they go hand and hand.

If I could go back this is when I would have done the trans, because with EFI alone it'll be faster than a lot of trucks at red lights guaranteed. Also when you get it done Itll shift and do everything better, so it'll be faster too.

I put bigger injectors on because I heard of people cracking Pistons because our injectors don't like to be messed with and they spray the side of the piston. Later I decided the people that did that were running them in hot tunes all the time and since I don't do that I shouldn't have done bigger injectors just yet. If I were you I would look to air. Bigger turbo and better pipes will make it obviously fast, but air is safer than fuel. Also, 45 over stock on stock charger means I dump smoke like crazy. People say that you can get even up to 100 over stock to run clean, but the cleaner diesel burns the hotter it is. The hotter the egts are the more likely shit will break.

I'm on the fence on what I'm doing after trans... Air or put some money into the motor like Pistons/studded heads/head gasket because our Pistons suck and crack at 650 hp

Also, some where in there upgrade the front end... I think your 2wd so actually idk if you need to do that

And that's what I think lol

Sent from limp mode cat eye.

It'll limp even in my first tune, it flares and shifts bad. WOT truck shakes because the converter is fuck... But credit where it's due I have been riding around with it fucked for a while and it hasn't left me anywhere.

Most important mods to me would be first to remove all the emissions shit on the truck because that is bad for the motor, and if you're making racetruck you're going to be doing enough damage as is :lol:

EFI live and transgo jr and shim the relief valve on the cp3 at the same time because in my mind they go hand and hand.

If I could go back this is when I would have done the trans, because with EFI alone it'll be faster than a lot of trucks at red lights guaranteed. Also when you get it done Itll shift and do everything better, so it'll be faster too.

I put bigger injectors on because I heard of people cracking Pistons because our injectors don't like to be messed with and they spray the side of the piston. Later I decided the people that did that were running them in hot tunes all the time and since I don't do that I shouldn't have done bigger injectors just yet. If I were you I would look to air. Bigger turbo and better pipes will make it obviously fast, but air is safer than fuel. Also, 45 over stock on stock charger means I dump smoke like crazy. People say that you can get even up to 100 over stock to run clean, but the cleaner diesel burns the hotter it is. The hotter the egts are the more likely shit will break.

I'm on the fence on what I'm doing after trans... Air or put some money into the motor like Pistons/studded heads/head gasket because our Pistons suck and crack at 650 hp

Also, some where in there upgrade the front end... I think your 2wd so actually idk if you need to do that

And that's what I think lol

Thanks for the info. When I replaced ball joints I upgraded the front end with rare parts tie rods control arms and pitman/ idler arm braces. So I'm good there. Just need to fix this clunk I have when I take off and come to a stop first then I'm getting into the motor. One other thing is it bad to get efi live with stock motor and trans for the time being?

Thanks for the info. When I replaced ball joints I upgraded the front end with rare parts tie rods control arms and pitman/ idler arm braces. So I'm good there. Just need to fix this clunk I have when I take off and come to a stop first then I'm getting into the motor. One other thing is it bad to get efi live with stock motor and trans for the time being?

No you're safe. More people have EFI live on stock trans than not. They say it can handle 100hp over stock. Also, it doesn't just break from being tuned lol it's the way you drive it. The reason I said to do the other things is because trans go is like 70 bucks and the shim is like 20. Both are pretty easy but can be a pain if you aren't mechanically inclined... Because your pulling part of your trans out and drilling 2 holes in it and then taking your fuel pump out and changing that up lol.

But again delete the egr and reroute the pcv first imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get dsp5 tune from kory Willis, Idaho rob or nick. Lift pump and fuel rail shims or race plug and transgo jr and then you should have 400 reliable horse power. If you want more power build the trans or it ain't gone like it

Or just get max effort tune 230 maor horse

Edit fuck how did I forget lift pump. Don't cheap out in that get a fass imo don't get one with a filter

Says the guy who would have had to spend the same amount if not more to have engine survive stock
:dewwhut:

But I didn't doh

Also, that much dinero not only gets a bulletproof engine, but many more horsepowers than 400

Also. Bet it takes you more pesos to get 500hp safely from that lbz than it does a 6bro

Last edited:
400 rwhp u fgt

And no because you need to drop 4k on a stock 6.0 before you even tint the bitch

Wot planet r u from m8.

My friend tuned his 6.0 on day one. On day one +0 his injectors died and I passed him on the highway blowing smoke at him, aggressively

M8

Wat da hail I know I posted in here, my friend 6.0 died the day it got tuned so i aggressively blew smoke at home on the side of the highway

My fathers balls m8

Edit: that's a BMS reference

Last edited:
Guess I never updated this but I recently cranked down the front and put drop shackles in the rear and put a new set of nitto 420's on

And today I did the full console swap
Before

After

The truck currently looks busted waiting on my parts to come in so I can get everything painted