2006 5.3 silverado engine bay noise

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
Well we just checked that. Has e fans. When first cranked, no fans no noise. He revved it up, still no fans but the noise came. Noise goes away when on the gas but comes at idle

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Pull the belts and spin ALL the pulleys by hand to see if there is any resistance. Also see if any have side to side play at all. Might be a bearing in the alt or something.

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
Well we got after it and replaced all 8 spark plugs and wires with AC delco, and replaced a seriously cracked driver header. Noise is still there, no exhaust leak now though. By the way just found out its actually a L33 HO 5.3

jwilly2

Jun 13, 2014
Well we got after it and replaced all 8 spark plugs and wires with AC delco, and replaced a seriously cracked driver header. Noise is still there, no exhaust leak now though. By the way just found out its actually a L33 HO 5.3

Daniel.... just ran across this thread and hoping you figured out the problem, because I have the exact same sound coming from my 06 Silverado 5.3. Please tell me you found the problem.

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
Daniel.... just ran across this thread and hoping you figured out the problem, because I have the exact same sound coming from my 06 Silverado 5.3. Please tell me you found the problem.

Nope man. That truck has been long ago blown up and put to shit. Wish I knew what it was. I do know he put a new engine in and it stopped, but that was a complete engine with all accessories

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
so this means my motor finna go poop cause it makes that same noise.. :tableflip: Guess it's time to start looking at ccsb's :secret:

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
so this means my motor finna go poop cause it makes that same noise.. :tableflip: Guess it's time to start looking at ccsb's :secret:

Lol this one blew all the oil out and he just wanted to see how long it would go with no oil. Fucking waste of a L33

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk