2006-2007 Classic Front End Swap

FreeWilly!

Mar 27, 2012
I'm trying to get some information on swapping the hood and grille from the factory 2003-2005 to 2006-2007 classic. Is it worth it to get the factory GM parts? Or is there an aftermarket company that is just as good?

What about the part numbers?

I wouldnt hesitate getting aftermarket, Just get the premium line of replacement parts, most manufactures ahve different grades of repops

I can get a pretty good deal on a new GM hood, but the grille I think is too much from GM. Is there an aftermarket brand you'd recommend? Also does anyone have the part numbers for the paintable pieces that go in between the lights?

When I did my swap on my 04 I bought everything aftermarket. Keystone stuff I believe it was all capa which is the certified stuff

Hood
Grille
Painted wings for grille
Bumper cap

Couple things. The factory hood insulator will not work on the newer hood. You can reuse your bowtie from your factory grille.
The grille does not come with the paint to match wings as they are called you have to buy those seperate.

I seen a grille either here or gmfs for cheap I'll see if I can find the link

Here you go
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Chevy-...ries&hash=item4ab86c36cf&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_922

It looks like it is missing the paint to match pieces but you can buy them aftermarket for pretty reasonable

Last edited:
I have a grille I'm tripping on lol any aftermarket is fine as long as its not made in taiwan those are shit