2004 Silverado Prerunner Build

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Depends on how big a cam you’re doing. But if it’s something like a BTR “low lift” truck cam I’d just do the cam/chain/oil pump and call it good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Prolly something like a 228/228 with a nice lope since i dont have to worry about stupid hydroboost.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
When the piss did King 2.5x10 CO's with resis get so much cheaper than fox? They are all over the place for 450 vs 650 for Fox.

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
The price difference is shocking really....

In. Gunna plate the frame? or bolt-on's and #sendit?

In the weak areas yeah, not gonna fully box it cause I'll be honest im not gonna thrash the fuck out of it, but will romp on it IAW the mozzerella kit.

I did remember someone saying awhile ago, King was cheaper initially because their oil and shims are much more expensive compared to Fox. I never gave a piss about keeping it brand only and ran Fox Shims/Oils in my Kings on v1 and never had an issue.

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Update today,

Getting a quote from FLT on a level 3. Since I really wont be doing mega engine mods I feel that should be fine. I'm debating on installing it myself or taking it to a shop and having them swap it out. I have the tools and stuff to do it but dunno if its really straight forward with that truck on jack stands. The truck shifts firm and really doesn't have any issues besides the terrible OEM tuning, I just dont want to chance it. Since I am keeping the Mercedes for the only purpose to be a glorified parts getter and back up car while this build progresses, I'd rather cover my ass.

Also, its hard to tell if its the pan gasket or timing cover leaking oil but I do notice a few drops im the morning on the ground so the cam is gonna happen much sooner than advertised.

Thanks for the tips on the cig smoke. I did the vinegar trick as well as the baking soda bath inside. It seemed to help slightly but that Ozium stuff Sam recommended worked almost 100%. I sprayed the crap out of the truck but left the windows down so I didn't notice it much, I bombed the truck with the rest of the can overnight and after letting it air out the next day the smell is pretty much gone. Since my sinuses are all fucked up, cig smell was messing with me pretty bad but now I dont really notice much of anything. Props to Sam for the heads up!

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Also, check your trans lines where they turn from hard line to soft, that could potentially be your leak as well. My Yukon is leaking from one of them

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
Update today,

Getting a quote from FLT on a level 3. Since I really wont be doing mega engine mods I feel that should be fine. I'm debating on installing it myself or taking it to a shop and having them swap it out. I have the tools and stuff to do it but dunno if its really straight forward with that truck on jack stands. The truck shifts firm and really doesn't have any issues besides the terrible OEM tuning, I just dont want to chance it. Since I am keeping the Mercedes for the only purpose to be a glorified parts getter and back up car while this build progresses, I'd rather cover my ass.

Also, its hard to tell if its the pan gasket or timing cover leaking oil but I do notice a few drops im the morning on the ground so the cam is gonna happen much sooner than advertised.

Thanks for the tips on the cig smoke. I did the vinegar trick as well as the baking soda bath inside. It seemed to help slightly but that Ozium stuff Sam recommended worked almost 100%. I sprayed the crap out of the truck but left the windows down so I didn't notice it much, I bombed the truck with the rest of the can overnight and after letting it air out the next day the smell is pretty much gone. Since my sinuses are all fucked up, cig smell was messing with me pretty bad but now I dont really notice much of anything. Props to Sam for the heads up!

Most likely timing cover if the engine has been worked on before.

TheBrettster

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Also, check your trans lines where they turn from hard line to soft, that could potentially be your leak as well. My Yukon is leaking from one of them

What side of the rad has the trans cooler lines, passenger or driver.

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
Has not from the looks of it

Word. You might already know this but the point where the bearing cap, timing cover, and pan all come together on the acc side of the engine is a great spot for leakage to occur.