2003 Silverado 1500 build thread

What they put the L33 in? Was that the motor they put the Vortec H.O. trucks?

Last edited:
I had a buddy with the l33 and it grenaded at 100k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

not sure if its the same engine but my old boss had 2010 2500 work truck gas and he blew his at like 70,000KM's like 40,000 miles...(that was a guess) and he actually takes care of his shit ....:shrug:

What they put the L33 in? Was that the motor they put the Vortec H.O. trucks?
L33 is the aluminum headed 5.3. It may be aluminum block but not sure. It was in very few trucks in like 05 and 06 and has no badging. Says 5.3 on box just has an "H" or t or something in the vin. Puts out like 320hp, actually is a pretty stout engine. My buddy had it and could spin 35's on pavement quite easily. But it started pouring oil out at about 95k and he didn't bother fixing it and it started burning oil real bad. Then knocking. It's toast now.
not sure if its the same engine but my old boss had 2010 2500 work truck gas and he blew his at like 70,000KM's like 40,000 miles...(that was a guess) and he actually takes care of his shit ....:shrug:
Probably not the same, l33 was in very few NBS trucks. That was maybe a ly6 6.0

L33 is the aluminum headed 5.3. It may be aluminum block but not sure. It was in very few trucks in like 05 and 06 and has no badging. Says 5.3 on box just has an "H" or t or something in the vin. Puts out like 320hp, actually is a pretty stout engine. My buddy had it and could spin 35's on pavement quite easily. But it started pouring oil out at about 95k and he didn't bother fixing it and it started burning oil real bad. Then knocking. It's toast now.

Probably not the same, l33 was in very few NBS trucks. That was maybe a ly6 6.0

ALL c.i. LS series engines except like 99 and some 2000 6.0's are aluminum head motors.. IIRC

Ahh it's all aluminum I see. My bad lol. I forgot. Check for "b' in the vin

Last edited:
Very far away though lol. Ideally I would love to find a good white 06 crew dmax and swap everything over that I could and lift it. But that's way off, plans for this one is just keep it until something blows up and throw something new in it. Because as of now I could probably pull a lot of money for it until the odometer is seen. There's too much money in it to just sell it outright. Plus it's pretty reliable to me so far, I've had it almost two years and put 36k or so miles on it and it's never left me stranded (knock on wood). Also everyone I hear that gets something performance wise starts having problems and then it's just a money pit. So I'll probably just get like a really good low low mile lq9 with full bolt ons and a low mile 60e, maybe a converter. As I see it now though it'll never be a fast truck with the way it's set up so why try to do something dumb like a cammed ls7 or even a cammed lq9 when all I'm gonna do with that is burn expensive ass mud tires and drink gas. Idk I feel like I'll get into performance vehicles when I'm out of high school/college and making enough money to be able to have a fun vehicle

lol yeah that's my plan or buy a dd car and make my truck fast eventually but that's not for at least a year might buy dd in 5 months when i am doing sales in BC
and then make truck fast once i have house ...if the truck lasts..... :shrug: but i just posted the link because it poped up for sale right after we talked about it :crossarms: