Spacemn2

Jun 15, 2014
Trenton, NJ
Figured I would post some updates of my mods and build up as I go. McG 4/6 drop is coming soon.

Today I installed a Gibson 3" single exit exhaust. Picked it up on CL but it was for an extended cab, I knew that going in. Figured I could modify the head pipe and that's exactly that I was able to do. I was able to use the bends from the head pipe to shorten it. I cut the hanger off and repositioned. Pics will show the stock and Gibson side by side and then the distance I had to make up once installed.

The exhaust turned out to be pretty quiet. I didn't want loud, just more aggressive than stock, which I suppose this is.

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

These came in real handy. Lisle exhaust hanger pliers.

IMG_0977.JPG

Spacemn2

Jun 15, 2014
Trenton, NJ
Nicely done. I'll be installing new exhuast in a few days.
Did you weld that up yourself? What did you use?

I have an older Lincoln 110v MIG that I used for years repairing rusty Early Broncos. But it has been sitting for years and wasn't cooperating. I was able to tack it together for mock up and then took it somewhere to get finish welded. They just MIG'ed it.

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
I have an older Lincoln 110v MIG that I used for years repairing rusty Early Broncos. But it has been sitting for years and wasn't cooperating. I was able to tack it together for mock up and then took it somewhere to get finish welded. They just MIG'ed it.

You had me a eb.

Chances are your wire was dirty or had corrosion on it.

Spacemn2

Jun 15, 2014
Trenton, NJ
You had me a eb.

Chances are your wire was dirty or had corrosion on it.

Yeah. It was sputtering and having issues feeding. Probably needs a new liner. I changed the tip to a new one which helped a little. Though I think my feed wheel is worn. It's been on there since I bought it in 1998? Not sure how many spools I ran through it. Not a ton, but maybe 10 lbs worth.

Spacemn2

Jun 15, 2014
Trenton, NJ
Okay, so its been a few weeks. Had my bumpers out for powder so I haven't had a chance to drive the truck too much. The drop still doesn't look level to me. I took some measurements of the frame to the ground at two different parking lot locations. I measured from the inside edge of where each cab mount meets the frame before the frame starts to curve up (chalk mark in pics). Tires are 255/55/18.

When looking at the truck from the drivers side it doesn't look as bad because of the lean. But from the passenger side it just doesn't look level to me. I am considering taking off the flip kit (6") and going with a 4" drop in the rear. Or I need to figure out how to get the front to sit at least an inch lower.

Concrete
Pass F---5 1/2"
Pass R---5 1/8"
Drive F---5 1/4"
Drive R---4 7/8"

Asphalt
Pass F---5 5/8"
Pass R---5 1/4"
Drive F---5 3/8"
Drive R---5 1/8"

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

I still need to level out the front bumper. I had the chrome bumper powdered black and painted the lower gray valance with Duplicolor black bumper paint. The upper valance has some Mothers Back to Black on it.

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
looks good, chevys tend to never be level. To drop the front 1" more either cut your coils or see if someone would trade your 2" coils for 3" coils