BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
Thinking about letting my LB7 go. Lots of mods and upgrades. Priced at $16,500 OBO. Currently has 193,xxx miles. I don't have to sell it right at this moment, but if someone is serious and wants it bad enough I'll let it go.

Motor:
-S475 over stock compound kit built by MAXX Performance. Turbo had 1,500 miles on a rebuild before I picked it up. 1.10 exhaust housing. Flat black powder that isn't a year old yet. Complete with Y bridge, all the cold side pipes, turbo pedestal, drain and feed lines, all the hot side piping is heat wrapped, 5" downpipe. Brand new AFE dry air filter.

Fuel:
-AirDog 150 lift pump
-30% over Industrial Injection injectors done a year and a half ago. Have all the paperwork on them.
-Brand new Fleece Performance LBZ CP3K pump.

Transmission:
-ATS Stage 6 transmission. Billet input and output shafts. Extra deep pan.
-ATS 5 Star Convertor.
-ATS Co-Pilot.
-So-Cal Diesel billet flex plate.
-All new custom made rubber hydraulic hoses for the cooler lines.
-Larger than stock transmission cooler.

Transfer case:
-New back case half.
-Merchant Auto pump rub fix kit.
-All new seals and synthetic oil.

Suspension:
-Kryptonite UCAs with Moog bolt in ball joints.
-New moog lower balljoints.
-Poly bushings in the LCA
-Rare Parts Gen 2 tie rods.
-Moog pitman/idler arms and idler arm bracket.
-1500 keys installed, cranked to level.
-Bilstein 5100 shocks.

Interior:
-Factory leather with center console.
-Power and heated seats.
-CTS Insight monitor
-Auto Meter boost and fuel pressure gauges.
-Red LEDs swapped into everything.

Exterior:
-Fab Fours Black Steel front bumper. Have tow hooks I haven't bolted on yet.
-EGR pocket fender flares Rhino Lined to match.
-Color matched Rhino Lining from the body line down. Done late November of 2014.
-Aftermarket tow mirrors. Heat, power, and LED signal.
-Dee Zee low profile black toolbox.
-Flip over ball hitch.

Wheels/Tires:
-Dick Cepek 17x9 Gun Metal.
-Pro Comp Extreme AT 315/70-17.
-Brand new...less than 4,000 miles on both.

I'm the third owner of the truck. Local owners before me. I picked it up in July of 2013 with 164k miles. The previous owner owned a garage door business. It had the gooseneck hitch installed before me, but the dealer said that when it came in on trade they took it across the street to a trailer dealer to have the brake controller installed. The dealer used it to pull a car trailer a few times to pick up vehicles for their lot. Truck was bone stock, with the exception of some grandpa accessories. Drove it that way all summer.

Injectors were done November of 2013. Brand new injectors, all new install and seal kit from MA, all new injection lines from MA and they were sealed with silicone after the install. EFI Live was installed after the injector install by Infinity Diesel located in Black Hawk, SD.

Rocked some 20s and 35s that fall and just drove it. Early summer of 2014, it developed a leak at the transfer case which turned out to be the dreaded pump rub problem. A new case half from MA was ordered and a MA pump rub fix was installed. Local offroad shop did the work. Transfer checked out and everything was assembled with new seals and also new U joints in the rear driveline.

The front end was rebuilt shortly afterwards by the same offroad shop. Kryptonite UCAs and all new MOOG front end parts. The LCAs received poly bushings. The brakes were all done at this time as well.

September of 2014, I made the trip to Omaha, NE to pick up the transmission. Bought the turbo kit early November. First part of December I started the tranny and turbo install. Transmission along with all of its goodies went in. New GM bolts for the flex plate. New bolts for the convertor. The OEM cooler lines were pulled off and hydraulic hoses were made to replace them. I used Deviant Race Parts fittings at the radiator. I located the second battery to the toolbox in the back. 2/0 cable for the ground and power. Power is spliced into the factory cable to the starter.

A local diesel shop (Accelerated Diesel) finished the install of the turbo kit. Ran into a few problems with the kit since the kit was built on a LB7 California emissions motor. The mouth piece coming out of the stock turbo had to be modified. Swapped and tig welded onto the flange from my original downpipe. The wiring harness needed some moving around to clear the Y bridge. Y bridge is complete with MAP sensor ports, but not the intake grid heater. That shop completed the little things such as the Y bridge, moving around the harness, moving around the A/C lines for clearance, and modifying one of the coolant pipes on the right side of the motor.

The new CP3K was installed two weeks ago by Infinity Diesel and was dyno tuned by them as well. Results came back to 616 rwhp and 983 torque. Have the dyno sheet to prove it.

The paint shows normal slight scratches here and there from the previous owner. I haven't taken the time to buff or polish the paint. The Rhino Lining cleaned up the bottom half. I'd give the exterior a 7/10. Interior is really clean for it's age as well. Leather shows some wear.

The motor hasn't been touched internally by me or any of the previous owners. My tuner told me that it is capable of much more power if it had upgraded rods. He thought it could see close to 700hp. It's got some really mild tunes on it to save the bottom end and head gaskets. Mileage, it sees mid teens for every day driving.

The truck is my daily driver. I farm and ranch for a living. I've pulled farm equipment at times...grain augers, combine headers, baler, etc. As far as trailers, we own two 16ft. gooseneck stock trailers and would haul livestock from time to time. We also have a bumper hitch car trailer and I've hauled vehicles a time or two or my Dad's Bobcat once. It's never pulled large/heavy loads. During the summer months it may be hooked to something 1-2 times a month.

Some of the bad things. Driver's side door needs new pins and bushings. Has a slight air leak at highway speeds. The truck had received hail damage before I got it, everything was PDR'd, except the roof, why they didn't fix the roof is beyond me. It's noticeable until you really look for the dents. I'm 6'5" and the hail dents on the roof didn't bother me. The driver's seat has some wear and the leather on the arm rest is bad. The bracing under the hood had to be cut to clear the V band clamp on the s475 and the charge pipe as well. I always wanted to upgrade to a '07 clip swap so the taller hood would probably solve that problem. The 5in. downpipe hits on the firewall in one spot, I need to dent in the firewall a little to clear that.

Reason for selling is I want to upgrade to a newer LML, maybe even a 2015 body style. My Dad has a 2014 LML and I'm in love with it. For mileage, the best he's seen is over 24 mpg and he can pull whatever he wants with it. That, and I really want a crew cab in the worst way. This Duramax is my third extended cab I've owned and for someone being 6'5", it sucks packing people in it for a trip.

Feel free to creep on my Instagram page @farmfuel. I got pictures of this thing from when I picked it up to some of the mods and things I've pulled and videos of the new turbo setup as well.

IMG_20150131_075249_484_zpsufnutnqx.jpg

IMG_20150131_075202_038-1_zps5zab4xot.jpg

IMG_20150131_075146_292_zpsmd7adn9k.jpg

IMG_20150220_124125_zps69x7dcmp.jpg

IMG_20150131_075552_958_zpspuzu8qqv.jpg

IMG_20150116_162501_538_zpsfawypods.jpg

IMG_20141221_215721_419_zpsset1rsfd.jpg

IMG_20141214_211955_509_zps0fgrxlgo.jpg

IMG_20141214_214325_496_zpswx2exaff.jpg

IMG_20141212_240911_850_zpstxmcycnc.jpg

Snapchat-1156255366980698710-1_zpsocidpa3l.jpg

IMG_20140921_141800_858_zpsvnl309sl.jpg