02SilveradoZ71

Mar 18, 2016
New to the site so I decided I should post my truck build on here to get some ideas or advice on what to do. My truck is an 02 silverado 1500 bought it about a year ago now and I absolutely love the truck. The day I bought it, it was bone stock which is what I wanted. The truck being from MN had some rust on the wheel wells and rocker panels. The first thing I did is got rid of the rust on the wheel wells, then threw on some fender flares. Other things Ive done so far are new kenwood radio and 12 inch kicker sub, tool box, red dirt road wheels, billet grille, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 dual exhaust, and an HD hood. Ive pretty much done all the basic stuff so far, but am going to have a busy summer working which will give me some more $$ so there will be a lot of more to do. Some plans I have at the moment are...
- finish HD front end conversion
- leveling or lift kit havent decided,
-fuel wheels,
-fix passenger rocker panel and cab corner,
- halo or HID lights,
-debadge all emblems and moldings,
- new cam, open to suggestions for some good HP gains but ideal for DD
-beef up the transmission
-longtube headers,
-swap seats for newer leather ones
- new speakers
Some pictures so far
The day I bought it

My brothers new 03

1st truck that I miss but was an expensive PITA

The new HD hood

Apr 2, 2016
HD hood looks good. How hard is it to swap a 01-02 HD grill in there? Always preferred the look but never actually looked into it.

02SilveradoZ71

Mar 18, 2016
Thanks I love it, and from what ive heard theres 2 options to get the grille to fit properly. Ive seen some guys lower their bumpers to get it to fit or another way is to do a small body lift to the rest of the truck and not relocate the front bumper and it will give plenty of room to fit the HD grille. I am going to do a 1.5 inch body lift because I dont want to deal with lowering the bumper and I dont wanna loose the tow hooks!