2000 Silverado 2500

Haven't posted in a while so here's some pics of the ole werk trok. Added the z71 Tahoe valence and a light bar and the bigger ladder rack. Haven't done much besides work her and drive, working on getting my own business running and took a job new day job 60 miles away so the miles are adding up. Idk what's next might get a summer toy/dd could mod this summer more too I suppose.

635c0f95d18d64fb40dfb45213c8c92d.jpg

Getting old

0b9769daaf00c1731016123794180774.jpg

Finally installed my light bar

14b94fa122de9635a66e94fd6cb3e94f.jpg

Hauling 1.4 ton of shingles

26c4cd626b8410172fd7ee32e6bedd5f.jpg

Sent from the seat of a 6.slow

Last edited:
Well guys I'm working 60 miles from home now and I figured out what I get for gas mileage... 120 miles a day and 11 mpg aren't gonna mix. I'll be filling up every 3 days. So I'm not sure what to do, I just paid the truck off but $120/week in gas also sucks.

Idk what to do now, I might have to sell her and get a 1500 or maybe keep and get a commuter car.

Definitely keep it since it's paid off and get a DD for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys I'm working 60 miles from home now and I figured out what I get for gas mileage... 120 miles a day and 11 mpg aren't gonna mix. I'll be filling up every 3 days. So I'm not sure what to do, I just paid the truck off but $120/week in gas also sucks.

Idk what to do now, I might have to sell her and get a 1500 or maybe keep and get a commuter car.

1500 gas mileage ain't gonna be much better keep and get commuter car

I need something reliable, 600 miles a week I can't have it breaking down. A truck will be helpful for my day job but not needed, but I need one for my side business that's why I considered a 1500.

1500 gas mileage ain't gonna be much better keep and get commuter car

I used to get 17 mixed driving with my 1500, there is a huge difference between that and 11.4. It would also keep me at only one vehicle.

If you don't need a truck, I'd get a 2-3-4k Honda accord. Just find one that's been kept up and had the timing belt replaced. I'm kinda in the same bout, gonna be working 40 miles from home but my truck's not paid off so I can't justify another vehicle.

Sent from a dingleberry

If you don't need a truck, I'd get a 2-3-4k Honda accord. Just find one that's been kept up and had the timing belt replaced. I'm kinda in the same bout, gonna be working 40 miles from home but my truck's not paid off so I can't justify another vehicle.

Sent from a dingleberry

I don't need one for my day job but I just started a contracting company for my side work and need one for that.

Well I think I decided on getting a DD and keeping this, it's paid off. With getting a DD it also allows a lot of possibilities to open up for this since I won't be driving it all that much. That being said I think I already know the first mod in mind :cheeky:

Well I think I decided on getting a DD and keeping this, it's paid off. With getting a DD it also allows a lot of possibilities to open up for this since I won't be driving it all that much. That being said I think I already know the first mod in mind :cheeky:

:secretshake:

Sounds like a good plan from what me and you talked about. Time for go fast work Truck mode. We all know Richard made his fast lol. Think he has a Whipple on a built 402 or 408 no 1000rwhp turbo anymore.coulsnt find a pick with the ladder rack lol.
2d63ea5178eb1c9d100ef46206727e7b.jpg

FFB device

Found an 08 Jetta for $4,000 completely loaded 2.0t, My step dad is friends with the owner and I would do the timing belt and waterpump before I started driving it

Well I bought a new toolbox, hoping to clean up the look some. It's a chest box but I'm going to make it my own.

10325a0ce7cd80aa14ccb4613943f58a.jpg

The plan is to be able to maintain the full 8' of bed for getting materials. So I'm going to cut the box leaving 5" on each end at full depth for supports and raising the floor about 6.25" leaving me about 12" depth for storage. May make some shelves and compartments to keep it neater inside as well

057322ca4a8cfd9a42b5de4ae28ca353.jpg

1f29bcd6a372da9efeb00368fa70bbf0.jpg

I have always wondered why no one makes a under the rail box that has legs so you can still use full length of the bed. That why I ended up with a bed cover because I didn't like the look of tool box but wanted to be able to haul something 8' and not have it hang over the tailgate when it was down.

Most boxes aren't 20" deep, as far as cross boxes most are 15" so this will be a little less shallow but I can carry more everything I do at 12" anyway. I may buy a swing case to carry other stuff to, all depends on how this goes.