2000 Firebird Build

drove the car around today, i pulled the dip stick and check the oil, I cant find any evidence of a blown head gasket. The oil looks perfect (dirty but no milkshake). Radiator is muddy though, looks like rust on the rad elements. Doesn't look like oil at all. Could it just be rad cancer and a bad cap causing it to overheat? The rad has green coolant in it right now, i think they mixed it with dex.

Coolant "mud" can happen. See it in the bottom of Coolant resevoirs alot of times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

20140529_173526.jpg

20140529_173607.jpg

unnamed.jpg

:puke:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, looks like they had a leak at one point and put a shit ton of Bars Leak in it. Try flushing it all first, but a new rad is definitely in your future lol

new rad is 70 bucks gonna rock one and just drive it, ls1 will need bigger rad anyways.

Just been running it back and forth to work so its been good. Nice putting 15 bucks and getting half a tank.

Getting that motor from my buddy, Mike Yaeger from East Coast Performance/Corvette said if the compressions good just do the normal deal like HG oil pump and timing chain and lifters and call it a day, which I'm going to be doing all of that with the cam and heads.

i mixed coolant before in a dire situation when i had a hose blow off and the closest store only had green shit, looked nothing like that.