1999 Silverado Z71 RCSB build.....

Thanks guys! I'm ok. Alittle sore from impact/tensing up I guess?!?

I was coming home from looking at a side job. Cruising along following another car, lady comes around corner ahead of us. I can see she's going WAY TOO FAST for the curve, cars leaning, she's crossing the yellow line. I get on the brakes hard in preparation for her to hit vehicle in front of me head on. They somehow JUST miss each other. Lady goes back into her lane for a split second, over corrects, comes right at me! BANG!!!!!! And, it's over!

What everyone else said but also a big fuck you to that lady

Thanks guys!!! :shake:

I loved this thing too..... Sure it was old, higher miles, and had its share of flaws..... But, a great DD truck that was still improving as time/funds allowed. I still had big plans for it.

Such a sad sight to see. On to bigger, better, and cleaner things sir

sent from my glade air freshner

I hear ya!

It's just gonna be nearly impossible to replace it.... For what I had in it!

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Yeah this sucks....BIG time! Frame is trashed... Literally ripped the leaf spring perches and shackle mounts out of the frame and tore the metal in HALF! Bent rear axle. Killed the bed. Broke the GMC 20" rim a couple times. Pushed bed up and into cab on both sides..... Etc. She's done!

Next?!? Who knows what I'll do...... DD HD again for a bit. Fortunately, it's nice weather now so I don't mind driving it. Then I'll decide what to do.....

I know! :nono:

I'll upload and post pics once all is said and done.

Speed?!? Idk..... TOO FAST? :shrug: IMO? Yes!

I dunno...?!? Maybe I jumped the gun..... But, I picked up this sweet ride for cheap today..... It was such a good buy, I decided to just trailer it home instead of racking up a bunch of unwanted miles.

It's one of the ultra rare 99' RCSB quadrasteer models. So, it's pretty rare and unusual. You can also probably tell it's got a pretty hefty lean to it..... That's what us forum folks refer to as a "Cali-lean" or "Cali-sag". It's pretty awesome... Nothing wrong or anything!?! :shrug:

Also, you might notice those colored straps on the sides....? They're just for safety! Ya know? I didn't want any issues with the mint, rare fold away rear lower quarter panel, quadrasteer bed getting damaged in transport.

Check it out! I'm pumped.....

:thumbsup:

2mrxzyu.jpg

ih14c1.jpg

2ut5d7q.jpg

I'm assuming it hurt the frame pretty bad? It looked worse in the other pics, not too terrible there. I know you said it ripped the shackle mount and spring perch off that side. It's a shame you couldn't just fix it

Sent from a dingleberry

I'm waiting to get paid for the truck. Got it back.... "Cheap".

Yeah, it's totaled, no doubt. Frame damage. Bent axle. 17 yr old truck with 209k.... :shrug: I agree, doesn't look too bad in those pics. But, the frame is just sitting on the axle. Not attached... Other than my rachet straps keeping it "centered" in there.

I, of course, have some ideas/plans I'm tossing around. We'll see what happens?!?

Last edited:
Damn Chris.... Spillin' the beans already!!!! :crazy:

Oh, btw, I drove it like that. Only 3 rachet straps holding the rear there. Drove on/off trailer. Drove around the driveway. It's a GM. "Like a Rock", right!?!