2hi9mhh.jpg

them rocker :dnw:

Stop this right now, you're giving me bad thoughts for my truck
:crazy:

perfect DD.

you do your own paintworks?

them rocker :dnw:

That work truck :read:

cornels rcsb is a work truck, my truck is a work truck, thereby your argument is invalid.

Thanks guys!!! :shake:

Yeah, so far I've done all my own paint work.... Grille, bumper cap, handles, mirrors, bowtie, etc. It's all been by spray can though. Biggest "problem" so far is the off the shelf clear coat isn't the greatest quality. It's held up ok, but you can't get it wet enough to get a good shine on large pieces. After the old man hit me last year, I still need to get a new bumper, bumper cap, and grille. I figured I'd colormatch my old parts to see how they'd look... I'll try and locate a good, used Pewter fender at some point as well.

This Friday I'm going to Carlisle and hope to find bumper/grille/full rockers. I'll be doing all the work on the new rocker install and I'll shoot them with our small spray gun when they're done. I'll do the same with a new bumper cap once I get one. No "real rush" as this is a budget build and I acquire parts when I find good deals.

As for the rockers... That's 205k of neglect and SE PA winters for you! Most trucks of this vintage/mileage are worse and already being parted out not far from here. As for being a work truck....!?! Indeed, this is currently my work truck and DD. So is/was my HD since the day I drove it off the dealer lot in 02'.... :shrug:

Last edited:
cornels rcsb is a work truck, my truck is a work truck, thereby your argument is invalid.

:fp:

Matt's truck has exponentially more time and money into it over John's truck, and yours has less miles and is cleaner.

So yeah, this is a work truck...with more miles and less money into it :shrug:

define work.

i can go take pics of a couple of our service truks that would make you roflpuke at their condition compared to Johns. :shrug:

your truck is not a work truck lol

mhm ok i do deliveries with it, and drive it for work to customers every day....:byefelicia:

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

define work.

i can go take pics of a couple of our service truks that would make you roflpuke at their condition compared to Johns. :shrug:

lol its like i am not aloud to not want rusty rockers on a truck :wtf:

work truck as in a truck used for work.

Last edited:
lol its like i am not aloud to not want rusty rockers on a truck :wtf:

Lol. Hey, I don't want rusty rockers either..... :crazy: They kinda came with the cheap, daily driver, high mileage, neglected truck.... :shrug:

Hence, why I'm gonna replace them this Spring/Summer. They were surface rusted, crunchy, and soft when I bought the truck. Rolling around on the creeper under it I put my knee into the rocker by accident and broke a big chunk out. After that, this past a Winter took its toll on them, and they fell apart.

Gave RCSB a much needed bath yesterday.....

Swapped 02' HDs mint stock corners back in. Tired of cheap ass aftermarket "clears" that aren't clear anymore. Pulled toolbox off in preparation for tonneau purchase soon. Colormatched rear tailgate bezel/handle as well.

346mhqb.jpg

10didyf.jpg

Want to do something with rear gray plastics. Probably just do black to match upper tailgate cap. Debated colormatched plastics, but idk!?!

11m6j36.jpg

I vote colormatched if you don't step on the rear bumper a whole lot. I step on mine a good bit but I love how white looks with CM'd rear plastics so I'm just going to spray them and try my best to re-learn myself lol

Well... Here's the deal. Couple choices!

I have a NNBS from a buddy to try out. The chrome bumper ends were already sandblasted and primed. Ready for paint. I could do the ends pewter with the stock black NNBS plastics. Custom mount it and raise it alittle to cover 1" BL gap.

I could colormatch current plastics Pewter for a change and then eventually get the stock HD black plastics that I wanted with the little lip to help hide the BL gap.

Or, I could paint current plastics black to match top tailgate cap and leave bumper chrome or colormatch this chrome bumper. It's not in the best shape anyway..!?!

CM current pads, take tailgate off and spray that little vertical panel (the one you see between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the tailgate) black. That'll make the BL way less noticable