1999 Silverado Z71 RCSB build.....

Not much of an update.....

But, I had an OEM hard brake line blow out about 2-3 wks ago. One of the cluster of (4) under the DS door on the frame rail where they get abused by salt/road grime. Got a new ACDelco prebent nylon coated kit off amazon for less than $60 shipped. Got the old lines off yesterday and the new lines routed and hooked up. Also, I'm in the middle of tearing apart the stock rear Silverado brakes for the "SUV rear brake upgrade". While it's apart and sitting up on stands I've gathered all the fluids to do both f/r diffs, transfer case, and an oil/filter change thats coming due soon.

ACDelco Kit:

2aexcsm.jpg

Finished up some of my mid-winter "projects" on the RCSB.

Got all my new ACDelco prebent nylon brake lines on and bled. Got the SUV rear brake "upgrade" done. Still, just have to figure out the ebrake cable situation. Either swap to the spare Tahoe cables, if they'll work. Or swap levers/arms on the ebrake cylinders. Got my front and rear diff fluids changed and new rear axle seals on both sides. Did an oil/filter change. And, I still have to do a transmission service and change the t-case fluid. I need to track down the correct rear t-case output seal as mine was leaking and I'd like to replace it.

Also, while the truck was apart I scored some MTZs from a buddy and swapped them over to my FJ rims. And, I sold the Nitto TGs already. :thumbsup:

Few snow pics at the beginning of our snowstorm heading this way:
2lu4bgm.jpg

2e1822w.jpg

5ma07b.jpg

Don't hate me for saying this, but I'm beginning to like this truck better than your 2500hd!

Not sure if you saw my post in the other thread, but did you have any issues yet with the ABS block and needing a Tech II for the proper bleed procedure? I'm going to be tackling all of my hard lines this spring and that was my biggest concern. I have a Motive power bleeder but I know it can do much for the ABS if air gets in there...

Have any other tips for swapping the hard lines?

Thanks guys!

I replied to your question about the tech 2... Kinda!?! :crazy:

I just bled the brakes as I would've done with any other vehicle. I got air out initially. Then solid fluid from each bleeder... Working furthest away to closest. :shrug: same way I did my HD years ago. I'm gonna recheck the brakes this weekend and check for any trapped air still. But, no "issues" that I've noticed.

What are the "issues"? Or need for the Tech 2?!?

Thanks guys!

I replied to your question about the tech 2... Kinda!?! :crazy:

I just bled the brakes as I would've done with any other vehicle. I got air out initially. Then solid fluid from each bleeder... Working furthest away to closest. :shrug: same way I did my HD years ago. I'm gonna recheck the brakes this weekend and check for any trapped air still. But, no "issues" that I've noticed.

What are the "issues"? Or need for the Tech 2?!?

Not sure what the issues are honestly, that's why I was asking, haha

I would first of all find a safe area with a runout or uphill afterward, and try to initiate the ABS a few times, and just hope the pedal doesn't go to the floor if it finds some air in the ABS block!

The Tech II supposedly engages the ABS block and rapidly turns it of or on or something during bleeding in order to get trapped air out of the ports or whatever is inside....

Hmm, gotcha! Well.... I stepped on them pretty hard on dry pavement and just came to a stop. Didn't activate the ABS. Who knows?!? I hate ABS anyway.... :crazy:

Quick cleanup today after work now that the weather has gotten alittle "drier"..... Hopefully weather holds out and "Spring projects" can commence! :thumbsup:

24fy0ev.jpg

2qny454.jpg

kb5bfp.jpg

looks awesome man only thing id do is get either a low pro tool box or non tool box and remove the z71 sticker.

i might do brake lines at some point as well how long did it take you?

Thanks guys!!!

Toolbox was needed when I was still doing carpentry work daily. Now, I don't carry as much so I plan to lose the box and run a tonneau this Spring. Z71 sticker I've debated back/forth on.... I think it goes back to the 90s and wanting a "Z71" in high school! Lol....

Lines really didn't take long. Dirty job! Frustrating at times too.... Just trying to snake prebent lines into tight spaces and back into factory clips takes time. I think these ACDelco lines were "easier" to install than my stainless Classic Tubing kit on the HD a couple years back. Although, that could've been the conditions.... 95* with 100% humidity! :crazy: