1999 GMC RCSB 4x4 Build..4/6, motor work and much more

im excited to get the real tuning started and done. I really like how the 4l80e shifts. People complain about the longer 1st gear and a big stall, but it doesnt bother me. I think 1st on a 4l60e would be worthless lol. Should be better with the tru trac going in on wed though. I gotta get some miles on it and get everything broken in so I can have some fun with it lol

Been driving it around and working on the tune with Justin. Got the Tru Trac put in yesterday. Wheels showed up today.

Shitty video. About half throttle. Shows how nice the converter is on the shifts. Drops it right back into the power.

Before

Wheels- shitty garage pictures

Last edited:
Damn, that thing moves out well for part throttle. Nice score on the wheels too. What are your plans for paint?

ya it hauls ass lol. Still been afraid to do a 4x4 launch. Ill try to get a WOT video today.

Not sure on paint. It probably wont happen until next winter/spring. Gotta pay some stuff off and buying a sled this fall. Im thinking just a white or dark silver, maybe even a matte silver. I need to find a new bed, but they are hard to come by around this area not all rusted out. I want to do a 03-07 GMC front end with a HD hood as well.

Nice! Matte silver like Spoolin's truck? Or lighter than that.

It'll be cool to beat up on people like this though. They'll probably just think it's got a huge exhaust leak :laugh:

something like that im thinking. I know Brandons is wrapped. Any place around here wants 2k to wrap something, I can get it painted for half of that. Rockers, cab corners and a bed are going to be the biggest chunk of change for it. Well see what happens. I dont want to spend a ton on it, as I still use it for hunting, hauling, and whatever else. I just want to be able to drive it rain or shine, take it wherever and not worry about it getting a scratch or something.

Few pictures outside of work on lunch. Exhaust is getting finished on Tuesday (3" from muffler to over the axle and dumping just behind the bumper/quarter pannel)

Headers, ORY and an 18" magnaflow (5"x8"). The muffler is just behind the cab, and then nothing on the muffler. Its loud and thats about it haha. Adding the rest of the pipe should give it the tone that im looking for.

Tot as bad as you would think. Its loud, but bearable. I think the volume takes over the droning haha

Hard to say. I would imagine so being lighter, but we will see. The 3600 converter will kill it in the city. Im 2k+ taking off from a stop sign if I baby it. Cruising I should do alright when the converter is locked. Depends if I can keep my foot off the throttle lol