nickleahy23

Apr 16, 2012
Forgot all about this site so i suppose I should throw up my build over here.

Bought this truck in November for $800 said and done..1999 GMC Sierra RCSB. 328k miles, running driving etc. Has paperwork up until 270k miles of oil changes and such..thing runs like a top. AC blows cold and trans shifts like new...pretty sure the motor is original, not sure about the trans..it doesnt look like its been replaced and there are papers of fluid changes and such.

Pretty much replacing everything on the truck and rebuilding it.

Whats been done so far, most of it in the last month

Suspension and steering
Drop kit
-DJM lower arms
-DJM lowering keys
-Flip kit with Belltech fully boxed notch
-Belltech SP shocks all around

Steering
-Moog upper arms and alignment hardware kit
-Moog tie rods, pitman arm, idler arm and bracket
-Moog sway bar bushings and ends
-Moog hubs

Brakes
-All new stainless brake line
-New brake hoses
-New Powerstop calipers (stock reman and PC red)
-EBC GreenStuff pads
-Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors

Misc
-Cleaned and painted the frame, spindles, rear end and any other parts that wernt replaced
-Blackbear tune and headers will be coming soon. Has a bad cat that annoys the hell out of me and I can resuse both with the built motor, with a retune of course.

Interior
-new window regulators and motors
-tore switches apart and cleaned
-shifter and shifter cable replaced
-blower motor resistor
-LED lighting
-door pins
-20% tint in the next few weeks
-New outer door handles

Exterior
-Nothing as of yet lol

Future plans

Motor-over the winter
-Built LQ4 is the plan for now..243 heads, big cam, injectors, fuel system etc..this could possibly change to a blower set up depending if this job goes through
-4l80e swap
-Eaton Tru-Trac in the rear. Already has 3.73 gears which should be fine
-Have a 14b in the garage but not in the plans for now..with having 4x4 most of my hard launches will be with that..plenty of people running a tru trac in a 10b with more power than I will have

Exterior
-Needs rockers and cab corners. Hopefully getting this done by the end of the summer. Truck will then be plasti dipped flat black until everything else is finished. Will probably find a new bed before paint as well. This one will be good enough until paint time.
-Most likely going 22" TBSS wheels in gunmetal or some 20" stocks..depends what i can find

Interior
-Katzkins
-Probably a center console, but the bench is nice to be able to haul 2 other people around so well see
-Double din with some nice speakers and a small sub

probably forgot a bunch of stuff, but you get the idea lol..heres a few pictures so far..not much to look at yet.

Day I picked it up..had been sitting for about a year

after a ton of cleaning. Interior is pretty nice

Starting some work

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Niice!! Static 4wd ftw!! Would love to pick up a rcsb z71 to transfer my drop to an build a big motor

nickleahy23

Apr 16, 2012
haha i know i know..im back though..ya its gettin there..i just wanna get the body work good enough to dip it and get some wheels on it for the rest of the year..then i can spend the winter collecting parts for the motor and not have to rush anything

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
i thought that's what you meant, that's cool have you done it before ? does it not fade and stuff ?

nickleahy23

Apr 16, 2012
i thought that's what you meant, that's cool have you done it before ? does it not fade and stuff ?

it seems to hold up just fine..got a buddy who runs Midwest Dipping and they are busy as shit all the time..i have like 30 cans of it at home so im just going to do it myself..might not be as good as the full kit with a spray gun, but it should hold me over until its time for paint..

ya it needs wheels like yesterday lol..got some bills to pay off first, but hopefully by the end of the summer i got something on there..i was gonna try the 24s, but i dont think they will fit to well

just picked it up from the alignment shop on break..everything worked out perfectly and it drives much better now

nickleahy23

Apr 16, 2012
Thats the plan..gotta find someone to do it for a decent price..shit i cant find a rust free box up here for under 1500, and even then its 200 miles away

nickleahy23

Apr 16, 2012
your telling me..until i can find a deal on something im just gonna bondo up the bed and get it straight enough for the time being, get the rockers and cab corners done and drive it..gotta find some wheels though..i want 20s due to being lighter but i cant seem to get over wanting the TBSS wheels..and then decide between polished and gunmetal

nickleahy23

Apr 16, 2012
Guess i forgot to update over here.

End of the summer a couple buddies and me decided after a few drinks to paint racing numbers on the truck..so that turned into sanding it down, getting the door fixed and fixing what I could. It wont stay this way but better than it was. Also put my tahoe winter wheels on for a bit.

nickleahy23

Apr 16, 2012
Big moves this week. Have had a few of the parts for a while but ill have most of it by the end of the week. Probably forgetting a bunch of stuff, its been a busy 2 days of lining up and ordering stuff.

Lq9 and 4l80e with 45k and 47k on them
Tbss intake, 90mm TB, Vette filter
799 heads
34" radiator and OEM fans
Fuel Pump (aero 340) w/42 lb injectors

Put my order in with TSP.

Should be running 11:1 compression. Est. 400-410 to the wheels. 4l80e eats up quite a bit, would be closer to 450 with a 4l60e im told. Not really worried about numbers as im just looking for something fun to drive and beat up on a few vehicles that think they are fast. 4x4 and traction will be my friend.

Need to order a converter (3600, not sure on brand), transfer case input shaft and seal, get my rear shaft shortened and buy a new front shaft. 40k tru cool and trans lines as well.

Also LTs and ORY, cutout pipe and electric cut out, muffler etc.

Trying to decide on wheels yet. I would rather have 20s for performance wise (tires, sidewall) but i cant really find any I like. I cant get away from the TBSS wheels.

Its getting there. It needs to be all together and running by the first week of May. Needless to say ill have a busy month and a half

Getting there!

Last edited:

nickleahy23

Apr 16, 2012
Damn that truck was a great deal. I'd say run the gunmetal tbss wheels.

haha hell ya. Considering what my plans are, i would have redid everything no matter if I paid 5k or what I did.

All the little shit for the 4l80e swap is the more expensive/time consuming. transfer case input swap, shift kit, trans lines and coolers, converter (900-1100) shorten the rear shaft, buy a new front shaft etc..But the piece of mind will be worth it i think.

And im still thinking TBSS. Either polished or gunmetal. I think gunmetal would be good, because they would work for it being black, white, silver etc whatever I decide to paint it. Only thing is that if I decide to do a dark silver, that might be too much color and chrome might be better at that point. well have to see.

Last edited: