16" MCG spindle mod

On either side of the lower ball joint mount, you grind it down to clear the nuts on the lower ball joint

That's the info I need to know. I'm a visual person though. Really wanted to see a good pic, but if not that should suffice. I need to get this done and paint them asap. Flip the lower ball joint too, correct?

Flip? No. You take it out and put it on top of the lower control Armand put the included spacer inside the lca. The pics dezert1500 had on Gmfs are no longer there

lol, ok...this will be my first time fucking with spindles. So nothing is flipped? For some reason I thought something got flipped. And I was on that link...only one pic works.

This is the only pic I found

HPIM0456.jpg

Word I cut off my steering stops on control arms. I've grinded on some djm arms before and that shit took forever. Somewhere I saw the pic of the spindle ground down and it seemed like more marerial then I cared to take out of the spindle

That's dezert1500s spindle iirc it's a 16". But I believe I read that the amount of material you will remove depends on how low you go.

This wont be of any help to jared, but just for others to reference; heres a thread with some info (although its missing some pics). The picture posted by GMracer is all you should need - it works as long as you dont take off too much.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160242

I tried it with a table grinder on my spindles but it was way too small, youll need an air grinder with some grit pads. Ill do it at some point, but I actually havent noticed my turning radius being as horrible as others lead it on to be with the McG 16+, although it is less than it used to be.

Last edited:
that's the link we are referring to, and the EC and CC trucks suffer more from the lack of turning radius.