10-11'' rear drop set up?

juanr_08

Apr 2, 2012
So some of you know im gonna lower my truck a bit more which will be a 7/10 or 11'' drop, what shocks are out there to run on rear that low? I pmed kris from suspension online and said to run their lowest shock which i already have and add extenders and still not gonna be enough which is true, because now at 9.5'' drop i believe they are already bottomed out, but not sure because pumkin is hitting bed. So what yall think and i'm still trying to figure out where to relocate helpers since i doubt theyll work that low on their current position which they are bolt on the notches and ill be running bigger notches.

Probably gonna have to go with some custom built qa1s or foxes imo I don't think you will be able to find any shocks to work with that much drop
Or maybe you could relocate your shock mounting location and possibly get some more room for them :shrug:

QA1s have short sizes and they include a few extra bushings that can take any bolt size so you dont have to worry about buying a Ford drop shock and them not fitting the bolts correctly (been there :nono:) - I have Street Stars and they are 17 extended and 11.5 collapsed, they ride great on the rear on the 01. What are the specs on your shocks now?

btw.... http://www.qa1.net/qa1_motorsports/...tom-mount-shocks/street-star/street-star.html

not sure the specs on shocks now, they are belltech sp though and max is a 8'' drop on them

thinking to take it to infamus to do all the work, meaning tubs, notches, and said they can shorten axle too, they just sent them to mosers. Thinking they might be able to figure something out for rear ride quality right, like yall said maybe custom shock mounts?

Last edited:
Here be your specs; belltech 9530

Weight: 25.00 lbs
Length: 21.50"
Width: 3.50"
Height: 14.50"
UPC Code: 722439095302

If youre already bottoming out i would go with something around a 11-12" collapsed shock.

Here be your specs; belltech 9530

Weight: 25.00 lbs
Length: 21.50"
Width: 3.50"
Height: 14.50"
UPC Code: 722439095302

If youre already bottoming out i would go with something around a 11-12" collapsed shock.

thanks for the info sir!!!

at 7 10/11. your gonna need to be tubbed and all that shit. even an avs notch isnt gonna be deep enough for you which means cutting the bed for a step notch. at that point, you mise well maybe weld you a piece of 2x2 on top of the frame and put some shock brackes on there. that will give you a longer shock. as for helpers, if your running mcgaughys, im pretty sure theyre not recommended past 7"drop thoug alex(gmfs) ran them on a 8" drop with 24s. however im pretty sure they're just f9000 bags. mount the bag bracket at the top of the frame rail, measure the distance between the 2 and try to get a bag that in the middle or maybe a little lower then its stroke.

i was gonna make the shocks mount higher to run longer shocks. but came across a good deal on extenders and said fuck it.

Will need step notch,tank raised,crossmember raised,tubbed front and rear, notch cover

add
$575 N3link, 100kp cups,$150 spindels,air management,hydroboost
Your already 3/4 there once you set up static 7/11

Yeah man, what has been said, either some custom built shocks or they will need to be relocated. Also for the front, I may be wrong so no one jump me if I am but you may be able to get away with doing a real good minitub up front instead of doing a full tub and relocating shit. If your at 5-6" now and not hitting or rubbing then 1" more and doing a minitub you shouldnt have any problems. Out back like it has been said, if you dont plan on bagging ever then try and talk with Keith from Nfamus and see if there is a notch he can build that isnt a full step notch and can get away without cutting into the bed but more that likely it may not be a possibility if you want a clean ride. But always know if you tub the rear and do a notch cover then you wont have one problem bottoming out in your notch or pumpkin hitting either unless your super loaded down. Just a few things to reall consider but if your serious about it talk with Carlos and figure out what all the RGV guys are doing with their NBS that are 6/10 and lower. They seem to have it down to a science lol.

yea Josh gonna fully tub rear and notch to not have any problems hitting shit, and actually yeaterday i installed 2'' blocks instead of 3'', so now im at 10'' drop on rear but not all the way though since pumkin is hitting bed, so notching is coming up ASAP, and yes gonna talk to keith to see what he can figure out and rear for shocks and to relocate helpers to make them work, yes gonna talk to carlos on how they set up their trucks for that low low static drop lol, hopefully next week ill get front done and add that extra inch for 7'' drop lol, haters gonna hate but watch me that shit is getting done properly and smooth.

de4a4e7a.jpg

uzugy2e8.jpg

ytebutan.jpg

utu4ysyr.jpg

↑ How I plan to do mine....

Just cut bed floor and riase everything. Same setup I want for low low static but going coilovers w/ 4-link... gonna be about $1000-$1200 for just susp still gotta tub and relocate everything.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
At 10" of drop in the rear with a 255/30/24 the seam on the wheel well ate one of my tires. Tub for future plans. I also bought an ekmw step notch and made custom brackets for my shocks to work off of. Rode great.

When I do my rear im just going to do tubs for 24x12's (dont plan to run 24's but want extra clearance for meaty track tires) but do want some 12" wide wheels out back. Also might as well notch to lay so I never have to worry about changing that again. If I raise bed floor 3" or so the tubs and notch cover wouldn't look so massive and I could have more room under bed for aftermarket gas tank, exhaust and anything else...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2