Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
i bought an 07 lbz just under a month ago, i've looked around and can't really decide what i want to do with it so i figured here i could get some more input.

i know i want to
- 4 inch lift or so
-33s, not really feeling 35s because i tow a skid loader/ baby excavator weekly
- full exhaust
- lift pump
- efi live
- big dipper trans
- tows
- helper bags
-ect...

when i bought it, the torsion bars were already cranked and it had a 4 inch straight pipe from after the cat but since i bought it

- tint
-debadged
- repainted hood and roof
- blue led interior lights
-8k hids
- xm receiver
- alpine type s speakers, haven't installed the tweeters yet

how i bought it

541387_10200585550103479_805741424_n.jpg

how it sits

1396069_10200834693731914_1060972854_n.jpg

i know great pic huh?

anyway so it's leveled on 285 terra grapplers and i've been looking around at those cognito uca's and it's pretty expensive.. should i do it even though i intend to lift it in a few months? do they make a difference when if i use them with a lift kit?

i'm going to be asking a lot of these questions and trying to get more educated opinions other than my own, so yea..

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
i was ridin home today and decided i was going to buy the ucas. i was on norcal truck and looking at their stage 4 kit.. i was looking around and the next one up has the option for a different control arm..?

is it any better? why do they not offer that with the other kits?

i'll call them tomorrow unless someone knows on here.. i'd get the next kit up but i don't want to buy new shocks for like 4 months...

i don't think my truck has a dpf? i know i need to do the pcv re route, and can't you tune out the egr? thought i read that somewhere..

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
I called norcal truck and i think it said they arent taking calls until 11/11 ??? sent them an email about the ucas.

opinions on getting the truck tuned the way it is? meaning no lift wheels/tires and only straight piped. I have the transgo jr shift kit in my room and i'd pick up a lift pump before hand.. efi live dsp 5..

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
in case anyone was wondering, apparently the boxed ucas are set up for bilstein or fox shocks

Jordan

OG CGM Member
Jan 25, 2011
Old Town, ME
Why not just get the regular (non-boxed) style Cognito UCAs, everyone seems to be perfectly happy with those ones.

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
bought a couple goodies. also scheduled to get tuned in a couple weeks. you're welcome economy.

nickyreno

Oct 7, 2013
Lake Tahoe, NV
also add PCV re-route, lb7 up pipe (EGR delete), secondary fuel filtration, level with cognito control arms, traction bars, and 2" wheel spacers in the rear.

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
what did you win the lottery ? or just saved up and decided to get everything at the same time

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
hngg. :yuno: call shop? I'll be there all day today

Sent from Canucks basement

i always forget to call at lunch and then remember the time difference so intend to call when I'm home and then i forget again :okay: ill make a post it for tmr :) ;) :eek:

also add PCV re-route, lb7 up pipe (EGR delete), secondary fuel filtration, level with cognito control arms, traction bars, and 2" wheel spacers in the rear.

are you at stock height? idk why but i've got some nasty wheel hop.. it does it at work in the dirt when i first start out… and today i noticed the bottom leaf spring is crooked.. so i was thinking of putting some traction bars on there but idk how i feel about that. a lot of red necks around here put them on their trucks and i don't want to be associated with that

what did you win the lottery ? or just saved up and decided to get everything at the same time

me? well i've saved up but i also cut my social life out haha. never realized how much i spent on fuel alcohol cigarettes fun stuff ect. more time to work on dat beach bod nomsayin'