07 classic vmax build thread

a3524fb0df5f3d85338313fe8cf07b08.jpg

Picked up some new wheels for the truck. Idgaf if it's running or not, was a good deal imo and wasn't passing it up. So when the motor is done I'll have my buddy narrow the rear end and put them on.
The rest of my parts came in but they're not worth pics, just boring shit. Still need to order a cam but waiting on ljms to reply to my email.

Sent from Tapashit

Small update, I finished shaving the intake. It looked like this
1b5be5589ce916077ea91e2d517c558c.jpg

Got it and my covers back from Powdercoat today and now they look like this
dda28b53a26070551a718a965f5023cb.jpg

472ce2161958481a3093268b16bfdefe.jpg

974cfe0943da0057f7d815eccffe581a.jpg

9ddea900c5be0e823df86314ea769444.jpg

Really happy with the color I chose, was worried I wasn't gonna like it at first.

Converter comes back to me tomorrow, ljms custom spec cam should be in tomorrow or early next week as well. Still waiting on machine shop to finish the short block so I can assemble everything and get this bitch going. I still need to order some fittings and lines to get my fuel rails setup, also still need to decide on what catch can I want, then order. Other than that I have most of everything I can think of lol. Just a waiting game at the moment. Frame rails in the engine bay has been painted, still need to clean up the wiring cause it's dirty just from normal driving. Another long winded post but oh well lol. :dealwithit:

Sent from Tapashit

Nice, color looks good. Getting close, very excite. Do not envy your wallet tho :rofl:

Don't, that shit is hurtin real bad and will be for a long time after this lol. Made a lot of terrible financial decisions to get this thing going again :rofltank:

Sent from Tapashit

:lol: Yeah you did. I've been trying to be a jew and only do a little to the truck at a time to build up my bank account. I've finally talked myself into doing more, quicker, to get it over with cuz I'm not happy with the truck just yet. So I'm gonna just do it all quick and start saving again. I'm only doing accessory stuff and it's hurting a little, I can only imagine that extent of spending ha

:lol: Yeah you did. I've been trying to be a jew and only do a little to the truck at a time to build up my bank account. I've finally talked myself into doing more, quicker, to get it over with cuz I'm not happy with the truck just yet. So I'm gonna just do it all quick and start saving again. I'm only doing accessory stuff and it's hurting a little, I can only imagine that extent of spending ha

Oh I'm gonna be eating ramen noodles for a while after this shit, shit sucks lol but I'll be happy when it's done. Maybe I can bet some douche bags in mustangs some money before I drag their ass :cheeky:

Sent from Tapashit

Make sure to prepay for the block. And if it's not there when you go to pick it up, I don't know anything about it.... :cheeky:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah that looks badass, have had a set of smoothed valve covers already for 6 months and haven't taken them to powder.

3eb7c983663610dd12f3d136763c2911.jpg

Crossover is done. I love AN stuff. So clean lol. Injectors don't fit right, I need bigger ones anyways so I'll get some 60# but I wanted to get it running before I changed them to save some money but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapashit

2610af4f82eb922614dee05655f6f6c0.jpg

Set the heads and intake on it for a picture. Oil pump, cam, timing chain and oil pan and everything are on and ready to go. Lifters are soaking overnight then will get the heads cleaned up tomorrow and bolt them on as well after lifters. Still a lot of work to do but it's getting there. Hope to have the motor in and running this weekend for break in. I still need to get a rough base tune on the truck to break it in till I can have it tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapashit