07 classic vmax build thread

Thats what I'm thinking the more I think about it lol

Sent from Tapashit

That's the most bang for the buck anyways, compared to a full rebuild of what you have since everything probably needs to be replaced/machined. It's probably only a couple extra grand to go that route I'd think

^this. Do a little hand port/polish and be good to go. With all that carnage, the whole bottom end is definitely toast. Might get away with turning the crank but fuck it, save a little longer and go all out :imo:

Let's get this thread going again since I never have shit to post in it anymore. Picked up another lq9 block today from a buddy for $300, my block was pretty much trashed and if it could even be fixed, it would need two cylinders sleeved and a lot more work considering a lifter was seized up too. Buying another block ends up being the cheaper route though.
9d2894eaac4d3f12c16df307bcad39d9.jpg

a328e24496a9d7ee851ac8643c88d9f7.jpg

Got the engine bay degreased and getting closer to being ready to paint, I need to finish pulling the harness all the way out first though. Planning on trying to tuck as many wires as I can, I can't stand how terrible the engine bay looked before so I'm hoping to make it nice while it's all out.
4163ec60b4f7925c5226085b97e8fb8f.jpg

Also went ahead and ordered my intake so I can have everything that's going to powder ready to go when it gets here. I went with an edelbrock pro flo, it says edelbrock and shit on top and I personally hate that about it so the plan is to shave the logo and lines off the top before it goes to powder. Pic of same intake for reference-
e37d897e4ddae7446f2f119faf39a171.jpg

New motor setup will be a forged 408
Callie's compstar crank and rods, wiseco flat tops, arp main studs, head studs, rod bolts, etc. top end will consist of morel lifters, ls9 head gaskets, new intake, ported and polished 317s I have already and a custom grind cam from either pat g or lil john. Haven't decided who I want to use yet since I just sent lil john the cam spec sheet today. Pat g spec'd me a 234/240 .626/.626 111+4 with his cam motion lobes. To me it seems like a small cam for a 408 but I'm going to see what john spec's me out first.
This motor will be a nitrous/boost motor, plan is to spray it then make the switch to turbo in a couple years. Going to run a lingenfelter timing/2step box to pull timing and a controller to get rid of the button, not sure which one I want to use yet.

Also traded my roll pan for an oem bumper, it's not perfect, the plastics are trashed but I know where some are for cheap so I'm not worried about it. No pics of that lol.
Sorry for the long drawn out post, I think posting my progress in here will help me stay on track with this thing. I get pissed off at it and don't want to even look at it half the time. Trying to light a fire under my ass to get it done though.

Sent from Tapashit

Engine plans sound good and what not, but I'm more excited you're putting a bumper back on the truck!

Prolly not gonna be done for Shreveport meet but am excited to see when it is done.

But fuck you

Thanks guys, I was hoping to have it done by shreve but it's a long shot since I'll have to wait on the machine shop once parts come in and I have no clue how fast they are

Sent from Tapashit